Are the Phins responsible for this injury?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Phins responsible for this injury??

NealKerouac21

Starter
Reaction score
I really wonder if the Phins workout program and persistence to get Boston to a certain weight by the first games of the preseason had something to do with this injury.

He cut a lot of weight in a very short amount of time and was no longer particpating in his own personal workouts. Boston had bought into what the Phins were selling him and it may have pushed him out for the season.

With all of the lost weight, he ends up tearing a tendon in his knee coming down from a jump. From what I remember, Boston never had a big knee problem. It was his Heels that we had to worry about.

Maybe this new training regimen is to blame, but regardless it is a sick situation.

Our WR situation is Pitiful!!

Already mentioned in another thread. I think its fair to say that the whole getting him to lose weight to avoid injury didnt quite work out the way the Dolphins hoped it would.

touborg said:
Eh, you're trying to pin the blame on the FO for this?

I'm not blaming anyone for this. Blame God. Blame Canada!

My point is that if it werent so tragic it would be comical that the Dolphins made such a big deal about Boston losing the weight to make him less injury prone and now he blows out a knee and is lost for his first and possibly last season with the Dolphins.

Well, you can also question David Boston on this. Has he been taking steroids? One of the major side effects of steroids is that it weakens the connective tissue, and tendon and ligament injuries become fairly common for those that use steroids.

Plus, it has come out that he had patellar tendonitis, which is almost always a precursor to this type of injury. If anything, the medical staff of the Dolphins should have made him sit out the practices and rest his knee.

Yeah, Miami is totally responsible, of course they are.

Just let me know who's patella tendon you want to have blown out next, I'll call Rick and he'll get'er done, No prob.

BTW, this response was sarcastic up to this point....Now, I want to know HOW in the world LOSING WEIGHT can cause a patella tendon to let go? Seriously.

inFINSible said:

Just let me know who's patella tendon you want to have blown out next, I'll call Rick and he'll get'er done, No prob.

BTW, this response was sarcastic up to this point....Now, I want to know HOW in the world LOSING WEIGHT can cause a patella tendon to let go? Seriously.

Thats whats so ridiculous about having him lose the weight to avoid injury. Now hes snapped and it was all for nothing. Oh, and I'll e-mail you my list. Theres about a dozen names on it. :lol:

Yea, damn Wanny prolly responsible for the thunder and rain earlier.

DAMN THAT FO I TELL YOU!

inFINSible said:

Actually it's the opposite........Boston losing weight helped him remove torque and pressure on all his tendons including the ACL/MCL.........This injury was an injury that was going to happen wether Boston weighed 350 or 125.

I wasnt dead serious with the post. I was just putting it out there. If he changed his workout, you just never know.

The Phins fault in this is deciding that Boston was hte big signing that this team needed to succeed. The fact that we were applauding him losing obscene muscle and making it to camp on times shows us that this guy was a cancer to the team from the get go.

Basically, I cant wait for the season to start, but I am going into the season with much less optimism than I had about a week ago and even much less than what I had a month ago. So, forgive me for being negative and vindictive.

NealKerouac21 said:
I really wonder if the Phins workout program and persistence to get Boston to a certain weight by the first games of the preseason had something to do with this injury.

He cut a lot of weight in a very short amount of time and was no longer particpating in his own personal workouts. Boston had bought into what the Phins were selling him and it may have pushed him out for the season.

With all of the lost weight, he ends up tearing a tendon in his knee coming down from a jump. From what I remember, Boston never had a big knee problem. It was his Heels that we had to worry about.

Maybe this new training regimen is to blame, but regardless it is a sick situation.

Our WR situation is Pitiful!!

:spit:

Yeah and the Miami Dolphin organization is also responsible for the torrential down-pours the past week of t-c also .....

Damn WannSpiel to he!! ............

:rolleyes2

Marino1983

MelbournePhin said:
this thread ir ridiculous. his injury was just a freak occurrence
Not sure if its a freak injury, since he did the samething to his other knee.

May just be his patella tendons are weak.

Back
Top Bottom