Are the texans nuts? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the texans nuts?

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
7 million dollar bonus, 25 million over four years for a guy who had 0 INTS, 0 FORCED FUMBLES and 0 Fumble recoveries in his entire career, and he is on the upside, Pope in five games subbing for zack had a fumble recovery for a TD, a couple of forced fumbles, I am glad greenwood left,

LIKE HIS NAME greenWOOD is a stiff

Bonedoc7777 said:
7 million dollar bonus, 25 million over four years for a guy who had 0 INTS, 0 FORCED FUMBLES and 0 Fumble recoveries in his entire career, and he is on the upside, Pope in five games subbing for zack had a fumble recovery for a TD, a couple of forced fumbles, I am glad greenwood left,

LIKE HIS NAME greenWOOD is a stiff
Hey Bonedoc, this is what you get when teams are willing to over pay for free agents. Perhaps this is part of the Nick Saban strategy, to look at some lower star quality players, that will be role players, and not spending all of our cap money at once. There will either be more Miami Players restructuring or there will be more releases. I also think Nick is looking at having money left for the June 1st cuts as well. :xii:

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Hey Bonedoc, this is what you get when teams are willing to over pay for free agents. Perhaps this is part of the Nick Saban strategy, to look at some lower star quality players, that will be role players, and not spending all of our cap money at once. There will either be more Miami Players restructuring or there will be more releases. I also think Nick is looking at having money left for the June 1st cuts as well. :xii:

true.....he wants a certain type of player too..that fits his mold like NE.....he will be a winner.

IMO the Saban era is going terrifically. We haven't reached or overpayed for anyone. We are close to signing Carter as a DT or DE who coupled with Taylor will give us a dominant Defensive Line again. I personally felt he was one of the top ten free agents available. Additionally it seems to me that we will be bargain shopping which I believe to be the correct strategy regarding free agency. I also believe after seeing some of the contracts signed that more players will be available after the June 1st cuts. I am very pleased with our strategy so far. Cheers Saban (and you too Spielman)

or...why care what the Texans do? If they want to be stupid and give that much to him, let them...theyll be the ones who look at themselves and go "doh" later on. Let them ruin overpay someone so that they dont get other players...maybe we'll beat them this time. :roflmao:

I kinda thought was ridiculous. I don't get why teams pay lots of money for average free agents, it seems to me that teams with that kind of policy aren't in the playoffs every year. While Greenwood certainly is a solid LB, he has not shown any kind of ability to really be a game-changing LB. Even in games when he had a lot of tackles, he did it quietly and never seemed to impact the game.

Yup I have no doubt they are nutz. Greenwood is not worth half of that.

It's shocking to see that guy get large dollars. I can recall whole games where his name didn't get called. Whole games!!! In no way is he worth massive bucks. Somebody on the Texans is flat out stupid IMO. I've watched every play he was in as a Dolphin and there's nothing special. He's not great in pass coverage, run support or putting pressure on the QB. He won't give you turnovers and the opposing offense doesn't really have to gameplan for him like they do when facing an excellent linebacker. Sometimes I just have to shake my head.

Pope had some fumble recoveries and a td I think. He had more exciting plays as a one year part timer. Good-bye Greenwood don't let the door hit your big fat wallet on the way out.

Yes

Remember what they paid Todd Wade last year? I see a trend here.....

Back
Top Bottom