Are the texans nuts? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the texans nuts?

Phineas64 said:
Remember what they paid Todd Wade last year? I see a trend here.....

They seem to really be breaking the rules of FA we talked about in another thread. As an expansion team, they had the ability and the good draft position to build a solid core mostly through the draft. Overpaying for players like Greenwood, which could be found fairly easily in the 2nd-3rd rd., isn't good planning at all.

their thinking is he was a shadow due to Zach/Seau/Thomas and with Knight backing up run support. He barely had any playing time during his career until last season and b/c of his position he made a bunch of tackles so they think he'll shine if in their system. Fact is...he's a solid LB but just doesn't have the instinct or ability to be a stud LB. They overpaid. Then again...they did last year too.

He's a good not great or even very good weak side or will linebacker. It will be interesting to see what he does in a 3-4 scheme. As to Houston overpaying, that's what free agency is all about. If there are positions you desperately want to fill you pay through the nose for them at the start of free agency. As free agency winds down you may be able to find some bargains. My hats off to Saban and Spielman for holding off on the lunacy that is the first few days of free agency and allowing the madness to calm down a little. I don't know what they paid for Holliday yet and I am hoping they bring in Carter for a decent price but it seems so far that the moves have been good,as much for who they signed and the price they signed them for as for who they didnt.

That's like going to bestbuy to buy something when newegg has it for 20-30% less. Nothing is free (FA included) but one would expect more realistic spending for value unless of course one just enjoys paying premium prices for non-premium equipment.

Phineas64 said:
Remember what they paid Todd Wade last year? I see a trend here.....
LOL, you would have thought they learned their lesson after they paid Wade that much $ last year and was still only average! Hey they can take our scraps any day. Hopefully we can get a comp pick for both of them!

Back
Top Bottom