Are we a playoff team? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we a playoff team?

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
If the dolphins make the playoffs, I believe it will be by default. I'm sorry to say but we don't deserve to make it. You are judged in this league by how you finish not how you start (4-1). Here are some things we're not doing that playoff teams do.

-Tackle while on defense

-Run and Pass block while on offense

-Play discipline football. That includes not beating yourself with penalties and personal fouls in crucial moments of the game not to mention having the leaders on your team commit these penalties.

-making the catches when the ball comes your way.

I'm as die-hard as they come and if they make it to the playoffs I'll root my butt off but the writing's on the wall. Is there something I'm not seeing here?

Seeing as we won't make the playoffs... no, we're not a playoff team. As for if we're a playoff calibur team.... no to that as well... playoff calibur teams put themselves in the playoffs.... they don't do just enough to possibly get in, and hope for the best.

If we make the playoffs we will have won our last two games, so if we got in we would be deserving of being there. We need a lot of help to get there, but if we win our last two, giving us 10 wins on the season, I don't see how you could say that we did not deserve to be there.

You forgot to mention the fact that Denver has to loose both of theirs as well. I define playoff calibur as a team that is good enough to not only make the playoffs... but also to WIN in the playoffs. Currently we're a team that needs to sweep the season, have denver loose two, hop on one foot, touch our tongues to our nose, bark like a dog, and pray to the football gods that the Commish is wearing blue underpants in order to get into the playoffs. :lol: Not to mention that we're 0-4 against NE, Tenn, and Indy who look to be the #1, #2, #3 seeds. I wouldn't exactly call that playoff calibur. I for one would rather not make the playoffs than have a nice 80 something to 7 thrashing (a la Jags) on national TV. Call me crazy but it's less painful to not get to go to the dance, than it is to be your cousins 3rd choice to take you... get there and make a total idiot out of yourself because you suck at dancing!

Guys........10-6 is a record deserving of being in the playoffs.......NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!

get it?

so if we get in, I will be happy as hell.........until we get bounced.

i agree with phinphan, i love the dolphins to death but play off teams should not have to rely on other teams choking to make the play offs. if it takes a better than 10-6 record then a team that deserves to be in the play offs will manage a better than 10-6 record and get in on their own

10-6 is a deserving record, eh?

Houston (5-9) - Loss
Jets(6-8) - Win
Bills(6-8) - Win
Giants(4-10) - Win
Jags(4-10) - Win
NE(12-2) - Loss
SD(3-11) - Win
Colts(11-3) - Loss
Titans(10-4) - Loss
Ravens(8-6) - Win
Redskins(5-9) - Win
Cowboys(9-5) - Win
Pats(12-2) - Loss
Philly(11-3) - Loss
Bills - ?
Jets - ?

We're 2-5 against teams with a winning record.
We're 6-1 against teams with a loosing record.

Looking back now... we won the games we should have won... and lost the games we NEEDED to win. Enough said. IF we make the playoffs... we're guarenteed to play winnning teams.... with a 2-5 record... do you really want to be embarrased like that?

Back
Top Bottom