Are we being too hard on Wheeler? Not hard enough on Sturgis? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we being too hard on Wheeler? Not hard enough on Sturgis?

Everybody should be able to admit at this point that while we got younger at LB we also got crappier. Dansby is a beast this year and the few times I've watched Burnett he has also been very good. There was a thread at the very beginning of the offseason about dumping and replacing Danby and Burnett and I made fun of it at the lunch table with my buddies at work (we talk tons of football it's me a fins fan, a jest fan and a pats fan). I just thought we had waaaaayyyyy bigger issues to address and didn't believe this was an important thing to do this past offseason. Low and behold the 2nd and 3rd moves we made were replacing these guys. Youth doesn't make plays Ireland, ability does and you got us 2 LB's with less ability. Wheeler looks like a chicken with his head cut off and it always beaten in coverage and get this we're asking him to cover slot WR's at times. LOL I can't believe he hasn't been exploited in coverage more. I also feel like there are many times where Ellerbee is waiting for the back to come to him. Get up there an cram the hole. These guys are not very good but for some reason Wheeler gets killed and Ellerbee gets a pass.

Sturgis is still an upgrade over Carpenter, especially on kickoffs. Sturgis will settle in and have a fine career.

Back
Top Bottom