Are we being too trusting with Spielman | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we being too trusting with Spielman

LoXiN

Demoralizing Jet fans one at a time.
Reaction score
I mean, lets see how the team comes out before we say that hes doing great. I get the feeling everyone veiws him as a savior. Its pretty pathetic to be honest. I dont think he has done much.

Rick deserves our trust until he shows that he doesn't. Even then, there isn't much point to not trusting him because the picks don't change either way.

I havent heard anyone call him a savior, but from what Ive read hes considered 1 of the better up and coming personnell men in the NFL. It is too early to praise him yet, but its also too early to condemn him. All we can do as fans is to sit back and see what he can do for the team.

LoXiN said:
I mean, lets see how the team comes out before we say that hes doing great. I get the feeling everyone veiws him as a savior. Its pretty pathetic to be honest. I dont think he has done much.

Yeah let's fire him! Oh wait!

Oliver...

He really hasn't done that bad, he has brought in a solid #2 WR, that would easily be a #1 on most other teams. I know it is too early to say but I think AJ will pan out just fine. Maybe we should cut Rick a little slack. He isn't a miracle worker, who did you think he would bring in Warren Sapp, Ted Washington, TO, or some other so called all stars.

We have too many holes to expect RS to fix them all this year, but he has made several solid moves...One of the moves that doesn't seem to get too much attention is bringing in Howard as our #3 CB...James is a great move....McI can be a great move, if the injury can be overcome....The OL is shaping up....The hole at RG, IMHO, will be filled by Whitley....or a June 1 vet. St. Clair might be a reach but could be a good guy to have as a backup...if you think back to the last three years, we always lose an OL during the season. (Nails, Dixon, Ruddy in the last two years have all missed significant time). We just have to wait and see how things go...if AJ comes thru, that will probably be the best thing that could happen to RS....

I just like seeing things shaken up, and he is doing that. We needed something to push us over that hump and he just may be it. I certainly feel better with him than if no changes had been made at all. Do I trust him? Do I have a choice?

I agree. We need to wait before we anoint him the savior or persecute him. He did bring us Boston, but did take the Feeley risk. I think how he solves the OLine problem will be important.

I for one am nervous that we will still go into 2004 without a solid line. Without the line RIcky goes nowhere, and Feeley get harrassed.

The line was the most important challenge we had this offseason. So far the jury is out.

I think RS has gotten a solid start -actually he hasn't even really finished his start yet but I like what he has done so far. Truth be told, we gave Wanny four years as GM, we should at least give RS three before we can judge what he has done. In terms of trusting him, what choice do we have anyway??

I think he's done good so far and I trust him in what he's doing.I think we'll have a good draft but keep on mind that we only have 2 oicks on day one plus no 5th round pick either so not much amo to move up.

Ozzy rules!!

Are we too trusting of Rick? WTF does that mean? Its not like WE have input. The millions of fans vs the thousands of ticket buyers. Only Wayne has to trust him, our opinion means squat. Whether we trust him or not is of ill consequence to the outcome.

Ok, I'm not trying to dog you or make anyone look wrong. But put it this way...Lets say he abuses our trust in him. Are you going to stop being a fan of Miami? Are you going to stop spending money on them? Thats what I'm saying. Wayne is a business man, he knows that winning brings CASH. Losing doesn't. So if Rick brings a team that loses, we're upset and stop buying tickets to see a losing team (see Arizona). If they win...we love them more and lovingly throw our money their way.

So it's really not whether we trust Rick, its whether the Dolphins win or lose.

Back
Top Bottom