normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
We came into offseason needing to improve 4 things:-

1-Offensive Line
2-Offensive Running Game
3-Offensive playcalling
4-Defensive Running game

1-With Albert coming in we have obviously improved. I also think Brenner & Dallas Thomas a year on will show a massive improvement. Shelley Smith was a very underrated signing, especially having already worked under Benton. I would resign Clabo, who down the stretch was a top 10 RT. Ridding Sherman and the snap count shambles, together with the addition of Benton, in my mind will overall massively improve the O'line.

2-Moreno was a huge addition. He allows Miller to do what he does best, be a COP RB. Daniel Thomas now becomes the 3rd RB, which in my mind is a strength rather than a weakness. With Mike G, the RB core now looks a strength of depth on roster.

3-Sherman was a shambles. Lazor is an unkown. I will take that over knowing Sherman was a non-starter.

4-Soliai is a massive loss, but I also believe he is best suited to NT and the idea of Starks & Odrick excites me, but it will affect the run game. I will say though, that I do not believe it was the D'line that was at fault with stopping the run. IMO it was the LB core. If we draft someone like CJ Mosley and move Ellerbe to OLB, I think the run D will improve and allow Wheeler to be a rotational player rather than a full time starter.

Sign a RT, draft CJ Mosley and get depth at O'line & WR through draft :up:

I think on paper we're a little bit better, but as we all know when this team takes the field they tend to play below expectations.

Run game got a little better, LT is much better, G maybe got a little better, our defensive back field is a little better.. So yes, I think we've improved over the last couple of weeks.. Go Dolphins!!!!!!

I would say so. Obviously that factors in that the offensive line will continue to be addressed in the draft. I think we are not only better because of the players we just signed, but also the growth of the players we already have. Players like Tannehill, Taylor, Jordan, Dallas Thomas, etc. hopefully will all take steps forward this year.

I don't think they really made any moves that would make us think they will be worse. Whether it is enough to finally get back in the playoffs remains to be seen, but no reason why they can't legitimately be in the mix again this season

Yes this team is better, but still work to be done.
Still not thrilled with the RBs, hopefully draft one in the early rounds, Hyde or Mason
Offensive line needs more help obviously
Still think ILB needs addressing in draft, CJ Mosley would be nice

We came into offseason needing to improve 4 things:-

1-Offensive Line
2-Offensive Running Game
3-Offensive playcalling
4-Defensive Running game

1-With Albert coming in we have obviously improved. I also think Brenner & Dallas Thomas a year on will show a massive improvement. Shelley Smith was a very underrated signing, especially having already worked under Benton. I would resign Clabo, who down the stretch was a top 10 RT. Ridding Sherman and the snap count shambles, together with the addition of Benton, in my mind will overall massively improve the O'line.

2-Moreno was a huge addition. He allows Miller to do what he does best, be a COP RB. Daniel Thomas now becomes the 3rd RB, which in my mind is a strength rather than a weakness. With Mike G, the RB core now looks a strength of depth on roster.

3-Sherman was a shambles. Lazor is an unkown. I will take that over knowing Sherman was a non-starter.

4-Soliai is a massive loss, but I also believe he is best suited to NT and the idea of Starks & Odrick excites me, but it will affect the run game. I will say though, that I do not believe it was the D'line that was at fault with stopping the run. IMO it was the LB core. If we draft someone like CJ Mosley and move Ellerbe to OLB, I think the run D will improve and allow Wheeler to be a rotational player rather than a full time starter.

Sign a RT, draft CJ Mosley and get depth at O'line & WR through draft :up:

Whoa, I wouldn't say our running back position is one of strength dude... not even close. We still need another solid running back to compliment moreno and cut thomas, gillisee and keep miller as third RB and then we will be solid at that position

I don't know if we're better, but you can't buy a team. So let's wait for the draft.

The way I look at it, Albert replaces Long, in my mind. So that's a lateral move. We lost Bush, and we picked up another veteran RB. We lost Solai, replaced him with another DT. We lost Incognito, picked up a FA guard. So in a way, I feel like we're making up some ground before we can move forward. Hickey seems to be fixing some mistakes he didn't make to begin with. He's done a good job, so far.

Pick up travelle Wharton or trade for Evans for guard and we are a legitimate playoff team on paper no doubt. However if it translates to the field is a different story

On paper we look marginally better but unfortunately the game isn't played on paper. The fact that all the same people who incorrectly projected huge improvements during each year of our 7-9, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9, 8-8 stretch are projecting a huge improvement this year doesn't improve my confidence. This team finds a way to be mediocre even when they shouldn't be.

Back
Top Bottom