Are we bound to get any of these 3.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we bound to get any of these 3....

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
Schulters, Law, Buckley. IMO i think 1 of those guys will be coming to South beach, i do not think teams want any of those 3 cuz they looked washed up, the reason y we would need 1 of those washed up players is cuz Tillman IMO is not the answer at the safety position and + if we do get Law we can put him at corner. WOww wats taking soo long for 1 of thse guys to sign with the Fish:confused:

We are probably going to get Lance Schulters. He is just waiting till the last minute to see if he can squeeze a couple of extra pennies out of Saban and Mueller.

You can forget about Law and I don't think T-Buck fits into the new system.

I think we have to sign at least one more DB before TC starts. Right now, we only have five healthy CB's going into camp, and we usually carry that many during the season.

DolphinDevil28 said:
We are probably going to get Lance Schulters. He is just waiting till the last minute to see if he can squeeze a couple of extra pennies out of Saban and Mueller.

You can forget about Law and I don't think T-Buck fits into the new system.
I'm still against the Law. T-buck I'd take just for depth and Schulters I'm indifferent on one way or the other.

Megatron said:
I'm still against the Law. T-buck I'd take just for depth and Schulters I'm indifferent on one way or the other.

You are indifferent about getting a former pro bowl safety to upgrade the perrenial special teams player we currently have starting at the position?

DolphinDevil28 said:
You are indifferent about getting a former pro bowl safety to upgrade the perrenial special teams player we currently have starting at the position?
I'm indifferent because I'm one of the people on here that honestly believes that we are a year or two from being a legit contender. If we get him than OK he may play up to his past Pro-bowl level. If we don't then we play a young player and hope he develops within Saban's defensive scheme. Either way it may work out for us. I lean to not getting him because of cap money, it would be nice if the Dolphins were well beneath the cap two years from now and we can afford to grab the final piece to a championship puzzle without putting ourselves in cap hell doing it. I'm a down the road thinker when it comes to this team.

Megatron said:
I'm indifferent because I'm one of the people on here that honestly believes that we are a year or two from being a legit contender. If we get him than OK he may play up to his past Pro-bowl level. If we don't then we play a young player and hope he develops within Saban's defensive scheme. Either way it may work out for us. I lean to not getting him because of cap money, it would be nice if the Dolphins were well beneath the cap two years from now and we can afford to grab the final piece to a championship puzzle without putting ourselves in cap hell doing it. I'm a down the road thinker when it comes to this team.

We agree on that aspect, but Schulters isn't exactly going to break our bank either.

He would solidify our secondary and help us win games and get some respect this year.

We could be the place where Schulters land at. Now for Law, we all know that he won't sign with us because we are only offering him the leauge min contract. there are other teams out there that are offering him a better contract then us. T-Buck could be done with IMO. Although i would love to sign him to teach these young CB's a thing or two.

I hope we land Schulters. I would like to see us get T-Buck back. He is always good for 3 or 4 INTs and is a very good nickel corner. He is getting older. But with what we have on the roster, it certainly wouldn't hurt to have him.

DolphinDevil28 said:
We agree on that aspect, but Schulters isn't exactly going to break our bank either.

He would solidify our secondary and help us win games and get some respect this year.
There's already talk that Miami won't pony up for a big payday for Schulters and he's not liking it. If he gets no action from other teams than we may get him on the cheap. Problem is that as a former pro-bowler he expects to get paid. I wish they'd just do away with the Pro-bowl, it'd probably help teams keep players.

Law and Schulters will take a pretty good cap hit to sign -while T-buck is cheap but might not have another year left in him. In any event, more depth is needed in the Secondary, as even one (more) injury would stretch it real thin.

I'm all for a low cost gamble on T-buck, since it gives us a vet Nickel or Dime DB or even just depth in case of injury. Schulters would be my next choice, at the right price, since he seems healthy now. Law is still not fully recovered and wants Surtain-type money so unless he lowers his demands to at least half that? No way we see Law in Miami.

The Phins really need another DB though, and I'd prefer to see one signed before training camp so they can get to know the system.

Megatron said:
There's already talk that Miami won't pony up for a big payday for Schulters and he's not liking it. If he gets no action from other teams than we may get him on the cheap. Problem is that as a former pro-bowler he expects to get paid. I wish they'd just do away with the Pro-bowl, it'd probably help teams keep players.

Seriously. The Pro Bowl is probably the biggest bargaining chip that agents have. And all it is is a popularity contest. Half the time, it doesn't even reflect who the better players were for that particular season.

SCall13 said:
Seriously. The Pro Bowl is probably the biggest bargaining chip that agents have.
And a sad one at that because the players are voted in by the fans. It's a popularity contest. But I guess that's the leverage because the agent sells the player based on interest from the fans and how many seats that player will help fill in a stadium the days he plays.

Back
Top Bottom