Are we done with the shotgun? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we done with the shotgun?

InMyChambers

Sniper
Reaction score
I can't remember them using the shotgun at all last night. They really should add it to the the playbook since it could buy Feelbad a little bit more time since right now we have a revolving door for an offensive line.

I don't think you'll see the shotgun here as long as DW is the coach. Why?

1) It's a good idea, and he doesn't have those.

2) It would be a signal that it's not a run, and he'd have a cardiac

3) It might be considered innovative in some way, and we know that clearly isn't his style

All the more reason to show him the Wade Smith, er, revolving door right out of Miami.

I was thinking the same thing last night, give aj sometime to throw the ball we will have a chance.

I have heard that some QB's like to keep their eyes on the field during the snap. Shotgun requires they look for the ball for a second.

It also may be that McKinney isnt good at it.

finataxia24 said:
I was thinking the same thing last night, give aj sometime to throw the ball we will have a chance.
My feelings as well. I couldnt understand not using the shotgun when Feeley was getting creamed by the time he even got back to the pocket. This O-LINE really is Killing us right now !!!!!!!!!!!

dolphindan1970 said:
My feelings as well. I couldnt understand not using the shotgun when Feeley was getting creamed by the time he even got back to the pocket. This O-LINE really is Killing us right now !!!!!!!!!!!

i agree i was wonder why it wasn't used. but it was funny everytime the dolphins snapped the ball you heard joe thiesman groan when the line just broke down.

Back
Top Bottom