Are we ever going to figure out who our QB for the future is? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we ever going to figure out who our QB for the future is?

lets make sure we get to 9 wins though with a broke down QB to make us look better, because that really helps the rebuilding process and is the best thing for our future. God knows this team isnt winning anything.

What a joke this organization is

No, I don't think people think Pennington is the QB of the future, obviously.

But you know what? Sparano is no longer concerned with the long-term vision. He has to WIN NOW or he loses his job. What does he care whether the long-term problem is solved? He's just trying to keep his job - he will worry about "QB of the future", whether that's Henne or someone else, when he still has the job this offseason.

whats even worse is they are giving up on henne but a new coaching staff could probably make him a franchise qb. just a bad deal for henne all the way around.

If Henne does not get reinserted into the starting lineup this year then I believe that franchise must draft a QB in the first round of the 2011 draft.

They can keep Henne and give him a shot to win back the starting job in 2011, but they must also hedge that bet with another young arm. If they go that route, the worse case scenario would be a Chargers-like situation where Miami must choose between two solid QBs (a great problem to have in my opinion).

I dont even feel like watching the last 8 games. Whats the point? I mean really, someone tell me what the point is.

Don't you wanna see the inevitable 9-7 season and see all the homer fans think "OMG 2011 we are going to the playoffs"?

*they thought this year was the year too*

No, I don't think people think Pennington is the QB of the future, obviously.

But you know what? Sparano is no longer concerned with the long-term vision. He has to WIN NOW or he loses his job. What does he care whether the long-term problem is solved? He's just trying to keep his job - he will worry about "QB of the future", whether that's Henne or someone else, when he still has the job this offseason.

You really think they are winning anything of significance with Pennington? You think getting to 9 wins is more valuable than trying to figure out what you need to do with your qb situation for the next 10 years? Cause this team is average at best Pennington or no Pennington

You really think they are winning anything of significance with Pennington? You think getting to 9 wins is more valuable than trying to figure out what you need to do with your qb situation for the next 10 years? Cause this team is average at best Pennington or no Pennington

Looks to me like this FO has committed to giving up on Henne and is in job saving mode. Goes along with the preseason reports that Parcells was disappointed in Henne I guess, overall its a shame but I think whether its this FO, or a new one next year at some point we have to pony up the picks/money, etc and get a bonafide first round QB - yeah its a crapshoot, but if you look at the list of QBs we've tried in the last decade they've all been bargain pick QB's and we haven't ponied up for a real QB. We've gone through several FO's, coaching staffs, an ownership change, and numerous offensive coordinators and their varying philosophies, and yet the ONLY constant we have never taken a shot at a 1st round "star" or franchise QB and have tried to get by with average/below average/bargain QBs.

Back
Top Bottom