Are we expecting to much from Ronnie to fast | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we expecting to much from Ronnie to fast

dolphinator86

You are TERMINATED!!
Reaction score
I see some post and hear some whispers about how Ricky is number one and Ronnie isnt playing well and i think that it isnt fair. Its been like less than a year since he was hurt and that type of injury takes 16-18 months to be at full strength. i havent seen the game but it sounds like he is alittle timid running which is understandable. Lets give him till mid season and you will see the guy you saw early last year

as for Ricky the guy has HOF skillz a big time runner always has been never injured and yes he is weird like the NFL's Manny. I love him being #1 on the depth chart and Ronnie can come along and since Ricky is well Ricky and Ronnie gets hurt Jalen Parmele will be there to back them up.

So lets give Ronnie some time to get back some confidence in his ability to get hit and take some punishment to that leg and then he can get back to his old form. He WILL get back to the way he was he just needs time.

So stop the trade talk and all that cause the R&R railroad leaves the station vs the Jets and will be a force to be messed with.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one is asking a lot from Ronnie. But the truth is Ricky has changed. He's back to the old Ricky and you can see it not only in games but his work ethic. He has impressed the Front Office more then any other player from what I've heard of.

Ricky/Ronnie will be a tandem for quite sometime. Weather Williams or Ronnie gets the majority of the carries we'll have to wait and see. We're going to be fun to watch this year.

I see some post and hear some whispers about how Ricky is number one and Ronnie isnt playing well and i think that it isnt fair. Its been like less than a year since he was hurt and that type of injury takes 16-18 months to be at full strength. i havent seen the game but it sounds like he is alittle timid running which is understandable. Lets give him till mid season and you will see the guy you saw early last year

as for Ricky the guy has HOF skillz a big time runner always has been never injured and yes he is weird like the NFL's Manny. I love him being #1 on the depth chart and Ronnie can come along and since Ricky is well Ricky and Ronnie gets hurt Jalen Parmele will be there to back them up.

So lets give Ronnie some time to get back some confidence in his ability to get hit and take some punishment to that leg and then he can get back to his old form. He WILL get back to the way he was he just needs time.

So stop the trade talk and all that cause the R&R railroad leaves the station vs the Jets and will be a force to be messed with.
I agree with you. There are a LOT of people on this board that are just too impatient. There is nothing wrong with wanting to win now but sometimes you have to be realistic.

of course its not fair. The fans on this site expect Barry Sanders at Rb, Dan Marino at QB and nothing short of perfection.

Unfortunately that means good players get bashed.

Ricky has been running very well, got back strength in his style, and has definitely making a case to carry a heavy load this year. obviously Ronnie is coming off the ACL, which is tough at pupkins to do... but i dont think people (well i hope not) are writing off Ronnie or anything. i more or less think that the debate of starting RB and/or the new comings of Mort's statements have thrown people into a loop of debate now. Ronnie needs time, and really hasn't even been running that timid off the ACL injury... he's been pretty solid from what ihave heard, and the little i have seen.

Yeah we are....post injury. What has made us feel Ronnie is expendable is the fact that Ricky is back. Ricky is more prone to messing up again than Ronnie is to getting hurt. 3 injuries vs 4 failed drug test and a premature retirement.

Ronnie is safe and I'd perfer to allow him time to heal 100% and let him regain form. He has more upside and imo is a better all around back.

Its not so long ago people on here were saying that Ricky should not be given another chance, he's let us down too often,bla, bla. Now all of a sudden Ricky is suddenly God after a few decent pre-season games and Ronnie Brown coming off a knee injury, has done noting wrong........................and people want him gone.

Yea, does'nt make sense to me either.

Ricky is clearly the better back. He has the kind of talent that could have ended up in Canton. That does not mean Ronnie is a bum. If Ricky was not here and all we had was Ronnie I would still be very comfortable with our running game. I think we are extremely lucky to have the both of them. Give Ronnie a few games and he will be just as good as last year.:up:

Welcome to Chris Chambers, Part 2.

Every year the realists on the board point out how Ronnie has never finished a complete season. How his tentative running style shows a lack of confidence and ability to become elite.

Then, the Ronnie Lovers show up to defend their guy as being one season away from healthy. Always with the "wait until he plays a full season".... yada yada yada.

Ronnie's injury is not a 1 year injury. Players with ligament tears and damage need 2 years to FULLY recover. Can Ronnie catch right now? Yes. Can Ronnie run right now? Yes. Can Ronnie run, cut and accelerate like he could last year before the injury? No. Will he this year? No.

Or maybe Daunte and players like Edge have taught us nothing over the years about the reality of how long it TRULY takes to completely rehab from these types of injuries.

Sure, he can run.... but SPEED, CUTTING and ACCELERATION are what separate Adrian Peterson's from the Ron Dayne's of the world.

If he's not healed... he's not healed. PERIOD.

Ronnie IS an injury risk. FACT

Ronnie is NOT producing like his draft pick status. FACT

Ronnie has NOT finished a whole season yet. FACT

Ronnie IS Chris Chambers.

No one is asking a lot from Ronnie. But the truth is Ricky has changed. He's back to the old Ricky and you can see it not only in games but his work ethic. He has impressed the Front Office more then any other player from what I've heard of.

Ricky/Ronnie will be a tandem for quite sometime. Weather Williams or Ronnie gets the majority of the carries we'll have to wait and see. We're going to be fun to watch this year.

On the field Ricky has always been perfect, that isn't news or a "changed" Ricky. Off the field is another story as we all painfully know.

He has never done or acted anything less than professional, dedicated, respectful and hard working on the field. Lets just hope he doesn't fall of the horse again.

Back
Top Bottom