Are we fooling ourselves? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we fooling ourselves?

I agree. BUT, I think you need to give Henne a chance to thrive with an OC that can build an offense that plays to Henne's strengths (altho some may argue if he has any).

Get him a new OC next year and see what happens. IF he $hits the bed and we can't go above .500, time to look elsewhere.

No one did Henne any favors on the offensive coaching staff the past few years, I think we can all agree on that. However, I can't help but think that maybe what we did to him, going "David Carr" on him, breaking him beyond repair, seems to have happened. The guy seems void of ANY confidence, passion, intensity, any of that. I supported him for a long time, but watching him duck his head and not even look up the field the last few games shows me a guy who just doesn't have the mental toughness I want in a QB. I am not saying he is not fixable, but I wouldn't be confident in any offensive coach who came in and made Henne the starter. Henne's knock has always been that the only thing he is consistent on is being inconsistent. A viable challenge needs to be brought in, maybe that will help light the fire under him.

Has everyone forgot we won our division 2 years ago.

:hump:
We are not that far from fighting for first place, we only need a few pieces, like a franchise qb, a new OC, a few better players on the O-Line, a new special teams coach, a running back, a WR with speed, a TE, some DB help...so once we get all that we will be right up there...

Has everyone forgot we won our division 2 years ago.

have you forgot we we didnt win it by talent we won it becuase new england was down and so was the afc east, so we didnt do anything special that year and frankly we should not be happy with that meaningless accomplishment when other fans and media acknowledge the other teams that win the division its well earned but our accomplishment 2 years ago was nothing to brag about. when your team is never talked about its because that team isnt a good team and that is a tool you can use to gage your success .
I am not trying to berate you or come off a certain way but the truth is we have been bragging about something when we really didnt acheive it on our own merits . the blowout loss to the Ravens made that clear to me.

The pats and to a much lesser extent , the Jets are better than the Fins, as it stands now and for the next couple of years one would think. All the more reason to start this over right now with a new gm and coach. Rebuild it right around the few building blocks we have and pray for an achilles up in NE

Back
Top Bottom