are we going in the right direction? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are we going in the right direction?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
i love this team and see some upside here esp with RT im only worried he wont get a supporting cast around him and fear that we will loose some of our starters this year to big contracts from other teams. we will have a boat loa of $ to spend on FA and our rookie class ,but fear we will not spend on top end fa.are we heading in the right direction by letting some of our players leave town and not spending the $ that is needed to bring in top fa along with allowing Ireland to have another draft that could really make or brake this club for years to come.

We are absolutely headed in the right direction. Anyone that argues otherwise is full of garbage...

Who knows really. There's reason for hope, but our stock hasn't gone up or down in the last 4 years or so. A consisent 6 or 7 win team.

We'll probably finish no better then 6-10 this year which is the same as last year. So how the heck do we know if we're getting better??!!

Hope so but who knows. I remember people saying we were headed in the right direction after we hired cam, hired Saban, hired parcells and drafted henne. Each time the previous failures were brought up the response was "this time it's different and if you don't see the difference than you are *insert insult*".

So are we headed in the right direction? I hope so but forgive me if I don't come to any rash conclusions a half a season in.

half a season in we should know if we are going forward or moving in the wrong direction.
look at the texans,jags,colts,49ers,falcons and chiefs to mention a few there all a half of season in and they have a good idea of what the team is doing and where they are going

We are absolutely headed in the right direction. Anyone that argues otherwise is full of garbage...
Beat by bad teams 3 weeks in a row doesn't make this an 'absolutely, no question' situation, especially with a rookie QB and HC who haven't done jack in the NFL yet. Remember when we went 6-3 to finish last year? Our offense blows and our defense hasn't stopped a good QB yet. Lotta young guys, and we just don't know yet if they'll turn into more wins in the next few years. I hear OP on the tough FA situation, and I'm of the belief that we retain guys like Long and Smith; we simply aren't in a position to open up holes at key positions. And I'm personally not a Philbin fan (I think his ego is too big and he treated guys like crap--chad, vontae...not to mention the WR1 debacle), so I have more doubts than some posters, I guess. And lastly, I don't think any franchise is 'going in the right direction' when the stadium is half full (if that) every week.

Yes we are. We have to have a stud 1 receiver
and a seam tightend and our team will drastically
improve. Nfl is a copy cat league. Everyone of those weak
teams we lost to in the last 3 played us the same way.

Wouldnt you. Even Mathews coming in(raw, but size and speed)
Opened things up lthursday.

well I think we are headed in the right direction. I saw the argument that we have lost to three bad teams in a row. while that is true, we have beaten some quality opponents as well. the bengals were a team that probably should have steam rolled us and we came away with a W. The jets look to be a bad team, but I am quite happy with the last beat down of them, and we could have won the first contest. Jets might be bad, but they always get up for the dolphins, and I am happy with that win. We hang tough with indy, who is playing exceptionally well.

the difference between being optimistic on henne vs tannehill, is I am quite confident with tannehill out there. I was a big henne supporter, but at times he just looked lost. you never saw him changing the play at the LOS or changing protections and stuff like that. tannehill seems more of a gamer and leader to me. two big qualities we need in a starting qb.

defensively we have areas of need in the secondary, but we've allowed the 2nd fewest points in the division so I am encouraged by that. we have a strong front seven for the most part.

we need to chip away at some holes this offseason, and we can be markedly improved next year I think. I like the way the future looks.

Next 6 weeks will be telling. 3 weeks ago it seemed certain, now it is hard to say. The absolute horrible play from both lines, was our strength, really exposed us. Still optimistic about RT.

I would say yes because we have a new head coach and finally drafted a young top rated quarterback talent. Even if the record doesn't show progress from last year, I think we are in better shape heading into the future then we were at this time last year. There won't be any quarterback questions during the offseason and there shouldn't be any talk of "hot seat" with the head coach. They put in a new system that they will continue to build towards instead of a complete start over like this past offseason.

So the record may not be improved, there are still some bad struggles, but I believe they are headed in the right direction.

half a season in we should know if we are going forward or moving in the wrong direction.
look at the texans,jags,colts,49ers,falcons and chiefs to mention a few there all a half of season in and they have a good idea of what the team is doing and where they are going

well if you believe that than the only conclusion you can logically come up with is no than. We just lost to two bad teams, we are going to be lucky to win six games this season, we still have ireland, shermans playcalling has been inconsistant and not one of our draft picks is standing out. In a pass oriented league we have one pass rusher, a bad secondary, a bad receiving corp and an unknown at qb.

If you are hellbent in coming to conclusions a half a season in than that's the only conclusion that's there. I personally think our future rests with tanny and while I'm very optimistic about him, I need more than just a handful of games to call him a bust or our franchise qb. That's why, to me the most important thing the rest of the season holds is seeing the development and evolution of tanny.

I would say yes because we have a new head coach and finally drafted a young top rated quarterback talent. Even if the record doesn't show progress from last year, I think we are in better shape heading into the future then we were at this time last year. There won't be any quarterback questions during the offseason and there shouldn't be any talk of "hot seat" with the head coach. They put in a new system that they will continue to build towards instead of a complete start over like this past offseason.

So the record may not be improved, there are still some bad struggles, but I believe they are headed in the right direction.
Philbin and Tannehill will be on the hot seat next year.

Back
Top Bottom