Are we going to carry 5 safeties? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we going to carry 5 safeties?

Joey 22

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Well its just that the whole Jason Allen thing makes me wonder, we have Renaldo Hill who we paid a pretty buck to sign, we have Travares Tillman who started most of last season, we have Yeremiah Bell who we all have high hopes on, we have Deke Cooper who started more than 10 games for 2 consecutive years for a playoff team and we have a 1st round rookie who will probably not be ready for the opener due to missing some of TC, but will ovbiuosly make the roster.

More than the quality of the veteran safeties what makes me wonder this is the fact that Allen is probably not going to be ready come season opener but is still ovbious that one day or another he has to sign...so we are probably forced to carry 5 safeties...

Joey 22 said:
Well its just that the whole Jason Allen thing makes me wonder, we have Renaldo Hill who we paid a pretty buck to sign, we have Travares Tillman who started most of last season, we have Yeremiah Bell who we all have high hopes on, we have Deke Cooper who started more than 10 games for 2 consecutive years for a playoff team and we have a 1st round rookie who will probably not be ready for the opener due to missing some of TC, but will ovbiuosly make the roster.

More than the quality of the veteran safeties what makes me wonder this is the fact that Allen is probably not going to be ready come season opener but is still ovbious that one day or another he has to sign...so we are probably forced to carry 5 safeties...

yea i think we'll keep 5 safeties, but because we will only keep 4 Corners. Tillman, Jason Allen, and Hill can play CB and S.....

if allen signs yea.i know he'll sign but im mad about him missing so much camp time

Nappy Roots said:
yea i think we'll keep 5 safeties, but because we will only keep 4 Corners. Tillman, Jason Allen, and Hill can play CB and S.....

Will Allen, Travis Daniels, Andre Goodman, Will Poole are locks to make the team, are you cutting Shirdonya Mitchell? I guess he will at least make the PS...

The roster spot is between Shird Mitchell and Deke Cooper. If Mitchell shows enough in camp and Will Poole isn't 100%back I could see them choosing Shird over Deke.

my guess is that we keep about 9 DB's, some of which will play both positions if needed. It is more difficult to name the starting four though, as I doubt Jason will start through week one, but will probably see some playing time.

Poole, Daniels, Hill, Tillman, Bell, Cooper, Mitchell, Allen and Allen could possibly be the nine.

Edit--Forgot Goodman, so maybe we keep 10

Nappy Roots said:

Yeah that sounds right. Not to mention that I would be comfortable with any combination of our guys at the 2 safety spots.

Joey 22 said:

This is good. If I was Saban, I would get on the phone with Allen and get his *** into camp. Let Allen make the choice. If he gets into camp this week, he will have the chance to start opening day at safety. If he doesn't get into camp this week, then he will ride the bench during the start of the season and see limited playing time.

Bell, Tillman, Hill and Cooper can hold it down to start the season.

I admit, I'm getting worried about our draft.

Jason Allen;
Son, you aren't a top 10 pick. Get your
buttocks into camp.
The "diva" act runs thin here in short order.

Now, when he gets in, he'll be behind, and, probably
lost.

Oh well.

I just wil never understand....I know there is a professionalism issue to be paid, but.....wow..You get to play football...For a living.....I'd give a year's salary to run down on a kickoff wearing a Dolphins uniform.

Of course, I'm fat and old, but, at least I care.
More than I can say for the Man-Divas that have proved exactly WHAT in the NFL?

mcteems said:
This is good. If I was Saban, I would get on the phone with Allen and get his *** into camp. Let Allen make the choice. If he gets into camp this week, he will have the chance to start opening day at safety. If he doesn't get into camp this week, then he will ride the bench during the start of the season and see limited playing time.

Bell, Tillman, Hill and Cooper can hold it down to start the season.

This is a good indicator, actually.

Allen doesn't care. He's all about the money.

I think JA has a pretty arrogant position given he's a bad-hipped
DB. This may wind up beng Nick's first bust.

I'm just getting a worse and worse impression of this guy.

Doesn't sound like the guy wants to play ball.

GoonBoss said:

Jason Allen;
buttocks into camp.

lost.

Oh well.

I just wil never understand....I know there is a professionalism issue to be paid, but.....wow..You get to play football...For a living.....I'd give a year's salary to run down on a kickoff wearing a Dolphins uniform.

Imagine actually tackling someone?

I really think we will end up carrying 10 dbs since Mitchells potential is really interesting but I doubt he will outplay, or become more valuable than Cooper.

Im also very interested on the fact that Zgonina has been taking some time at LS, having him at LS would save us a roster spot and would allow us carry 10 dbs...

Joey 22 said:
Imagine actually tackling someone?

I really think we will end up carrying 10 dbs since Mitchells potential is really interesting but I doubt he will outplay, or become more valuable than Cooper.

Im also very interested on the fact that Zgonina has been taking some time at LS, having him at LS would save us a roster spot and would allow us carry 10 dbs...

I'm just stupid enough to try to tackle somone:lol:
"Ok...Nobody block the old fat guy wearing 00....It's his fantasy."

I swear to god I'd hit SOMEbody. lol.

I have too much stuff going on to keep up on news. It actually den't shock me that Zgonia read the handwriteing, and, found a good skill to stick and stay. I have to say, I admire that guy. I'd say "Team guy" 'casue I'm sure he could find a job elsewhere at DT.

GoonBoss said:

Jason Allen;
buttocks into camp.

lost.

Oh well.

you have no clue what is going on behind the scenes here...so how do you have the right to bash Allen and call him a Diva? :rolleyes2

Nappy Roots said:
you have no clue what is going on behind the scenes here...so how do you have the right to bash Allen and call him a Diva? :rolleyes2

I'm a free man in this country last I checked, unless I'm muzzled on commenting on issues. "No clue to what is going on behind the scenes"....... You know? I like that. I'll use that from now on, since NOBODY on this board knows what is "going on behind the scenes" except for a few (Cavate)

I've got as much right to say what i say as everyone.

BTW; Get my quote right, please? When did i ever specifically say that JA was a "Diva". I didn't.

What I DID say was; He was playing a "Diva act", which he is. I consider anyone who doesn't get thier butt into camp as playing the "Diva act" (Yes, includes Ronnie last year). The other reference I made was to the various
"man-divas" that have proved JACK in the NFL.

What I meant, was; Get into camp! You are a rookie that has proven NOTHING. Get into camp.

Back
Top Bottom