Are we going to carry 5 safeties? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we going to carry 5 safeties?

YES GET INTO CAMP ALLEN!

you should be playing for league minimum you rookie! you diva!

:rolleyes2

Nappy Roots said:
YES GET INTO CAMP ALLEN!

you should be playing for league minimum you rookie! you diva!

:rolleyes2

Take off the homer glasses man.

You sound like you are getting hysterical.

I didn't dare mean to sound like anyone that ever wore a Dolphins uniform wasn't a superstar!:lol:

I also think it's very unfair of you to call him a "diva" I think that's just wrong. I wouldn't call any player a "diva" like you did.

GoonBoss said:
I'm just stupid enough to try to tackle somone:lol:
"Ok...Nobody block the old fat guy wearing 00....It's his fantasy."

I swear to god I'd hit SOMEbody. lol.

I have too much stuff going on to keep up on news. It actually den't shock me that Zgonia read the handwriteing, and, found a good skill to stick and stay. I have to say, I admire that guy. I'd say "Team guy" 'casue I'm sure he could find a job elsewhere at DT.

Its not a sure thing though, he practiced at LS in every single STs snap on minicamps, cause Denney wasnt in for some reason, and now on TC he has only taken a few, Saban would have to decide if the talent drop off, cause Im still certain Denney is better, is worth the extra roster spot, and Im pretty sure Zgonina is safe till we draft a DT on the first day or Rod Wright gets healthy and develops, till then Zgonina is in...and at his age he may retire before that...

Joey 22 said:
Its not a sure thing though, he practiced at LS in every single STs snap on minicamps, cause Denney wasnt in for some reason, and now on TC he has only taken a few, Saban would have to decide if the talent drop off, cause Im still certain Denney is better, is worth the extra roster spot, and Im pretty sure Zgonina is safe till we draft a DT on the first day or Rod Wright gets healthy and develops, till then Zgonina is in...and at his age he may retire before that...

I always respected the guy as a football player.

GoonBoss said:
I admit, I'm getting worried about our draft.

Jason Allen;
Son, you aren't a top 10 pick. Get your
buttocks into camp.
The "diva" act runs thin here in short order.

Now, when he gets in, he'll be behind, and, probably
lost.

Oh well.

I just wil never understand....I know there is a professionalism issue to be paid, but.....wow..You get to play football...For a living.....I'd give a year's salary to run down on a kickoff wearing a Dolphins uniform.

Of course, I'm fat and old, but, at least I care.
More than I can say for the Man-Divas that have proved exactly WHAT in the NFL?

He's not being a "diva" he is just getting a fair deal. The market has been set at 5 years, the 15th and 17th picks both signed 5 year deals. So since the surrounding picks have signed for that length, then it is completely understandable for allen to get the same length. If this was about money, I'd be upset with Allen for being greedy. But this is about the fins trying to scrap out an extra year and I'm actually dissapointed with our front office. Their desire to go against the market is costing Allen time in training camp.

everardteach said:
The roster spot is between Shird Mitchell and Deke Cooper. If Mitchell shows enough in camp and Will Poole isn't 100%back I could see them choosing Shird over Deke.

I think cooper is a stud he filled in for Donavan Darius for the majority of 2 seasons and posted the same kind of numbers Darius did.

FinSinceBirth said:
He's not being a "diva" he is just getting a fair deal. The market has been set at 5 years, the 15th and 17th picks both signed 5 year deals. So since the surrounding picks have signed for that length, then it is completely understandable for allen to get the same length. If this was about money, I'd be upset with Allen for being greedy. But this is about the fins trying to scrap out an extra year and I'm actually dissapointed with our front office. Their desire to go against the market is costing Allen time in training camp.

I don't really think it matters what the market is if the kid want's to play football this year and make any money then he will sign for whatever the fins offer him. He has no leverage, his only other option is to hold out for the year and in that case he will need to be getting a job doing something other than playing football. What does a college grad fresh outa school make these days 30k? Once he does the math he will sign.

Mr772 said:
I don't really think it matters what the market is if the kid want's to play football this year and make any money then he will sign for whatever the fins offer him. He has no leverage, his only other option is to hold out for the year and in that case he will need to be getting a job doing something other than playing football. What does a college grad fresh outa school make these days 30k? Once he does the math he will sign.

Why does he have to sign for whatever the fins offer him. Why can't the team give him the contract that is designated by the market. Just because they're our team, doesn't mean they're right in everything they do.

Mr772 said:

So he gets paid only for games, not TC or preseason games, by CBA rules if he gets signed right before the openning game he makes the same money than if he signs now...would you like it if he signed one day before the opener??? he would be lost for the season...

Couple of thoughts

1) Nick Saban has a hard-on for DB's. He was one. He was also a position coach for DB's. Will he carry five safeties? Sure, especially since, as was pointed out, many of them are hybrids who can play corner and nickel back.

2) Nick's impression of Jason Allen is based largely on getting to know him coming out of High School. When Allen had that major injury last year, he HAD to have a little light bulb go off in his head and realise that his career could always be ended in an instant. If that were me, I would have a different view towrds my rookie contract after that experience. Would I want to be locked up for six years, waiting for my chance to get bigger money? Or would I realise my playing career was not indefinite and that I'd only have a few years to make enough money to take care of me and my family for the rest of our lives (unless he has a law degree or a rich family or something I don't know about).

Joey 22 said:
Well its just that the whole Jason Allen thing makes me wonder, we have Renaldo Hill who we paid a pretty buck to sign, we have Travares Tillman who started most of last season, we have Yeremiah Bell who we all have high hopes on, we have Deke Cooper who started more than 10 games for 2 consecutive years for a playoff team and we have a 1st round rookie who will probably not be ready for the opener due to missing some of TC, but will ovbiuosly make the roster.

More than the quality of the veteran safeties what makes me wonder this is the fact that Allen is probably not going to be ready come season opener but is still ovbious that one day or another he has to sign...so we are probably forced to carry 5 safeties...
all the guys you just mentioned can play cb in nickel and dime as well as sabans hybrid D::shakeno:

Joey 22 said:
Well its just that the whole Jason Allen thing makes me wonder, we have Renaldo Hill who we paid a pretty buck to sign, we have Travares Tillman who started most of last season, we have Yeremiah Bell who we all have high hopes on, we have Deke Cooper who started more than 10 games for 2 consecutive years for a playoff team and we have a 1st round rookie who will probably not be ready for the opener due to missing some of TC, but will ovbiuosly make the roster.

More than the quality of the veteran safeties what makes me wonder this is the fact that Allen is probably not going to be ready come season opener but is still ovbious that one day or another he has to sign...so we are probably forced to carry 5 safeties...

Well, we very well could carry 5 S's, but I've said before that we might be letting some decent DBs go come late August/early Sept. Same goes for CB...we have some pretty good players amassed in the secondary. It's getting time for the critical stage for Jason Allen real soon. If he doesn't report soon, he could find himself sitting the pine a lot. Saban's scheme is a little complex (what triggers on offensive lineups prompt what guys to move to what coverage, etc)...That takes some time to adjust to, despite the fact that he's the best athlete in the DB....

Back
Top Bottom