Are we going to get our rookies signed or not??!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we going to get our rookies signed or not??!!!

DefensiveEnd76

Football Guru
Reaction score
We seem to be dragging our feet on getting our remaining 3 rookies signed. Ireland initially said they should all be signed by July 1st. Well that was 10 days ago and training camp begins in 15 days!!

Relax. They will be signed and in camp on time. Ease your mind, do a little dance if that helps. I mean, you can dance if you want to. You can leave your friends behind. Because if your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine!

Relax. They will be signed and in camp on time. Ease your mind, do a little dance if that helps. I mean, you can dance if you want to. You can leave your friends behind. Because if your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine!
I think I will take you up on that!

thumbnailaspxq2238671297900id7b9b631821a-1.jpg

We seem to be dragging our feet on getting our remaining 3 rookies signed. Ireland initially said they should all be signed by July 1st. Well that was 10 days ago and training camp begins in 15 days!!
There has been some news the past few days on the remaining unsigned rookies.

Let me first say though that all the rookies that have signed throughout the league already is not the norm. In the past most teams really didn't even start negotiating contracts with their draft picks until July, and a lot of them signed the week before training camp. The fact that Ireland started signing the picks in May(April if you include Long) is outstanding.

News came out yesterday that Langford is very close to completing his contract and that it should be announced "Any day". I think by Monday, Langford will be under contract.

Yes Ireland did say he wanted them all under contract by July 1st, but there have been some roadblocks. Ireland mentioned that one of the problems he is having in negotiations is that the rookie salary cap pool is drying up pretty fast. Meaning, he and the agents for Henne and Merling may have to get creative to fit them under the pool. I don't think it is anything to really be worried about, but this is a reason why things are "dragging" as you put it.

I would expect Langford to sign early next week. Henne and Merling probably will sign early in the week before TC starts.

Then we'll have to make some roster cuts to keep the training camp roster limit at 80.
Yes, Miami will have to cut three players to make room for the three remaining draft picks.

Shouldn't be a problem, since guys Mulligan, Halterman, Babers, Carpenter and Dunlap could all get the boot and no one would really care.

I don't know if Babers would get cut before training camp though. Sparano had some decent praise for what he did in the minicamps.

That's right, training camp begins in 15 days and not 15 minutes. Last year Beck signed a few days before and Ginn signed the day of training camp. There is still plenty of time to sign Merling and Henne. In 12 to 13 days if these players are not signed, then you can start pushing the panic button.

I don't think that Merling will be as hard to sign as everyone thinks. He shares the same agent with BP and Sparano.

No we aren't. actually we have told them we dont want them anymore and they are wasting our time. its a true story.

uhhh....what do YOU think bro

this is how u konw its a slowwwwwwwwwwww *** offseason i dont blame u. we are all slowly goin koo koo as well.

Okay, Langford is now signed. Lets get Henne and Merling inked!! And yes I am ready for a straight jacket because this off-season has been too long!!! :tongue: :woot:

Back
Top Bottom