Are we going to get run on? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we going to get run on?

Dolphins11

Scout Team
Reaction score
Specificially to the outside? IF Jason Taylor and Porter are our starting outside LB's are teams going to plan on running wide and be successful? Teams focused on Porter last year in the running game, running away from Roth, with Roth apparently out as of now and JT who in the past preferred to go around blocks on the other side, is this going to be a problem?

It seems JT is holding up well against the run...at least right now. I think the coaching staff needs to scheme to overcome this issue. Maybe use more saftey help to stop the run.

I always felt JT was solid against the run, especially later in his career. He didn't win defensive MVP by playing poor run D. However, will he continue to play to that level? I do not believe run D is a weakness to JP either. I'll admit it is not a strength for either one, but it is not a weakness either.

last year we were really good against the run, it was the pass that we got torn up with. I think again we will be good against the run even with JT and Porter on the outside. As long as they can set the edge and force the runner back into the middle we will be even better. This was something Roth is great at. Its more the pass defense that is still iffy IMO. We wont know if we have improved there until the season starts

last year we were really good against the run, it was the pass that we got torn up with. I think again we will be good against the run even with JT and Porter on the outside. As long as they can set the edge and force the runner back into the middle we will be even better. This was something Roth is great at. Its more the pass defense that is still iffy IMO. We wont know if we have improved there until the season starts

I do agree that last season we were very weak against the pass but going into this season. I think Hollidays departure could have an impact if we do not get the same production out of Merling and Roth missing camp thus far is not a good sign either.

Specificially to the outside? IF Jason Taylor and Porter are our starting outside LB's are teams going to plan on running wide and be successful? Teams focused on Porter last year in the running game, running away from Roth, with Roth apparently out as of now and JT who in the past preferred to go around blocks on the other side, is this going to be a problem?

that'll depend on the DL first and foremost. both Langford and Merling have to take the next step. it's making me feel a bit more comfortable that Taylor would be lining up behind Langford, who is better against the run as of now than Merling. still, i would feel better if we had Roth in there on running downs.

that'll depend on the DL first and foremost. both Langford and Merling have to take the next step. it's making me feel a bit more comfortable that Taylor would be lining up behind Langford, who is better against the run as of now than Merling. still, i would feel better if we had Roth in there on running downs.
We will probably have a steady rotation of olbs in the game. I'm sure sparano and Co. see this and have a plan for it.

We will probably have a steady rotation of olbs in the game. I'm sure sparano and Co. see this and have a plan for it.

The very reason we are going to need Matt Roth to get back and be healthy. All I hear is JT looks great and he has something to prove and he will have a great year and he will start. How do we know all this. JT can't take the beating he has in the past because of his age and he will be questionable against the run. Just because he is doing well in practice doesn't mean a damn thing. We need everyone out there in rotation.

The very reason we are going to need Matt Roth to get back and be healthy. All I hear is JT looks great and he has something to prove and he will have a great year and he will start. How do we know all this. JT can't take the beating he has in the past because of his age and he will be questionable against the run. Just because he is doing well in practice doesn't mean a damn thing. We need everyone out there in rotation.

The way I see things being the best for our D is having Roth in during rushing situations and having JT take care of the passing situations. Let each of them do what they do best and get the most out of them while not over working anyone.

We need these guys fresh come January and February :D

As long as JT can hold his own we will be fine against the run. Not only are our DL very good against the run but our Safties will be even better supporting the run.

Back
Top Bottom