Are we going to sign another reciever? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we going to sign another reciever?

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
With Orande injured and out of shape, it's very possible he won't make the roster this year... leaving us with only three recievers with game experience. If either McKnight, Thompson, or Chambers goes down-- we're going to have a big problem. We're going to have to put in one of our rookies and it could turn out to be a huge catastrophe.

There are still some good WR's that haven't been signed:

Germaine Crowell (we were interested in him earlier)
Antonio Freeman
Sean Dawkins
Jeff Graham (ATL released him earlier this month)
Quadry Ismail
Raghib Ismail
Willie Jackson (we were interested in him earlier)

Honestly, I'm fine with any of these guys. Some of these guys could even contend for the starting job if they were brought in.

Do we have a chance (or even enough cap space) to sign one of these guys? Every single one of those guys is better than Orande.

If one of those guys can contend for a starting job on this team, we are in trouble.

I say go after Quadry ismail for minimum this year..
He is fast and can put up numbers for substitute receiver...

...I still think Gadsden will make this team. But if I were to go after one of those it owuld be Crowell.

Well if you considered Gadseon a lock, before this injury of course,it basically left one spot open for Tolver, Newsome, Simmons, Baker and Chris Jackson to battl it out. Assuming Miami reaches an injury settlement with Gadsen or puts him on the PUP list, you still have a logjam even with two spots open. I would suspect noadditional recievers would be brought in unless another wideout wet down in TC.

Germaine Crowell??? I liked this guy when he was with Detroit.. Wouldn't mind bringing him in but I believe he has an injury problem and probably wont pass the physical.. Someone can correct me on that..

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Germaine Crowell??? I liked this guy when he was with Detroit.. Wouldn't mind bringing him in but I believe he has an injury problem and probably wont pass the physical.. Someone can correct me on that..

The Phins did bring him in for a visit, but they didn't offer him a contract, because of his knee injury.

Back
Top Bottom