Are we going to trade Randy McMichael after this season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we going to trade Randy McMichael after this season?

CashInFist

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Looks like we are probably going to have to franchise him next year and either trade or re-sign him. Has there been any news regarding his situation I have missed?

No news...but I would bet there would be something done before TC starts and after the June 1 cuts.

we can't afford to just let him walk, we could easily get a 1st for him but we should franchise him, he too good not to make that kind of money

LarryFinFan said:
No news...but I would bet there would be something done before TC starts and after the June 1 cuts.

I am not so sure. With the way he played the second half of the season last year he doesn't deserve the kind of money he is probably going to want. I think he may have to really prove his worth this "contract" season.

nick19991 said:
we can't afford to just let him walk, we could easily get a 1st for him but we should franchise him, he too good not to make that kind of money

UM.....No way we get a 1st for him. We cant get a 1st for Pat. I would say a 3rd maybe 2nd if lucky and I could see him leaving. I like him alot and would hate to see it but he is a bit more mouth than substance sometimes and I doubt that would jive with Belichek (sp).

I think there's a possibility that he may be franchised next season. Before he gets any type of deal, he needs to prove he’s worth it. I’ve never seen play consistently, and have never seen him dominate for an entire 4 quarters. Everyone acts like he’s big talent, as far as I’m concerned he’s still raw in a lot of aspects of his game, and gets by on his amazing athleticism.

Bowl_Bound said:
UM.....No way we get a 1st for him. We cant get a 1st for Pat. I would say a 3rd maybe 2nd if lucky and I could see him leaving. I like him alot and would hate to see it but he is a bit more mouth than substance sometimes and I doubt that would jive with Belichek (sp).

Kellen Winslow went in the first if im not mistaken..... Randy proved himself in the NFL and is a much better TE IMO... and who said anything about Belichek

SuperBankz said:
Kellen Winslow went in the first if im not mistaken..... Randy proved himself in the NFL and is a much better TE IMO... and who said anything about Belichek
Kellen was drafted as a top talent and got injured. I cannot beleive that Randy has the same value in any GMs eyes. I mentioned Belichek as Saban will be of similar mold and mentality. I think Randy can and should stick around, but if he was traded etc I would not faint from shock.

Bowl_Bound said:
Kellen was drafted as a top talent and got injured. I cannot beleive that Randy has the same value in any GMs eyes. I mentioned Belichek as Saban will be of similar mold and mentality. I think Randy can and should stick around, but if he was traded etc I would not faint from shock.

yeah but I have a feeling that if we were to put him up for a trade... he would definatly go for at least a low first rounder he is easly one of the top five TEs in the league right now... and your right about KW getting injured... i just think RMc is a better package than him... and i just dont like to compare Saban and Belichek... Saban hasnt really proven anything to me yet... and he is his own man with his own plan

CashInFist said:
Looks like we are probably going to have to franchise him next year and either trade or re-sign him. Has there been any news regarding his situation I have missed?

Thats a horrible idea on even thinking about trading R-Mac.

PhinDude88 said:
Thats a horrible idea on even thinking about trading R-Mac.

I never said I wanted to trade him. I am just saying that we may be forced to next year. If he plays above average but not great this season, Nick Saban may feel that he is not worth the $$$ he is demanding and another team might pay it. Saban may think that getting compensation in players/draft picks from another team and parting ways with Randy McMichael may be what is best for the team. I am just saying...hope for the best and prepare for the worst. :)

why would we let him go? hes one of the top TE in the league, he fires up the offense like no one else does!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom