Are we gonna talk about cam..Impressions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we gonna talk about cam..Impressions

tical

Rookie
Reaction score
my intial impressions, using each player to the best of thier indiviual strenghts, build a team from the center position out, running when they expect run and vice versa. Respect for the media and fans, and coaches. Sounds like cam may have it together!!!!

He understands offense, something I never felt with Saban. So long as we have Capers we're in fine hands overall IMO

He came off as very humble.

It's like he has a size small ego, and that deserter that fled in the face of adversity had a size XXX Ego.

I got the impression that Wayne wasn't so happy with the way that Saban dealt with the media. He went out of his way to be gracious just like he did in his press conference when the quitter quit.

He seemed very likeable, I liked what he said about how much work they need to do. If he played for Bobby Knight then you can be gauranteed that he must know a little about mental toughness. Unlike that pansy that ran to his wife for help when the going got rough...

When he spoke about Cleo there was a certain twinkle in his eye. It will be an interesting off season that's for sure...

:dolphins:

As long as his offensive playcalling duties don't interfere with the rest of the teams play, and Capers can run his D, I think he will give this team the spark they have been missing.

To follow up "building from the center out", cam's philosophy, gentleman,we..should expect the follow "relative" to the draft, "relative" to our needs

1. directly behind the center a qb, if one is avaliable, stronger than what we currently have @9.

2. ot -- i honestly believe @ 9 this is what were going to do

3. wr reciever

If Jarrett or Gin are there at number 9 noway he passes on them, especially Jarrett.

It's like he has a size small ego, and that deserter that fled in the face of adversity had a size XXX Ego.

I got the impression that Wayne wasn't so happy with the way that Saban dealt with the media. He went out of his way to be gracious just like he did in his press conference when the quitter quit.

He seemed very likeable, I liked what he said about how much work they need to do. If he played for Bobby Knight then you can be gauranteed that he must know a little about mental toughness. Unlike that pansy that ran to his wife for help when the going got rough...

When he spoke about Cleo there was a certain twinkle in his eye. It will be an interesting off season that's for sure...

Then again...Bill Belichick has quite a large ego also. Maybe the rings help with that.:rolleyes:

Although I don't think he was Huizenga's 1st choice (Gailey, Mora, Capers), it's obvious this "kind of coach" is the right choice for this team, now.
Cameron seemed more youthful and energetic than I had first thought. He seemed geniunely excited about his 1st NFL head coaching gig. He was appreciative of the opportunity (that's refreshing). You get a sense that this is a high IQ football guy who will figure it out quickly. The teamwork concept was a new idea and the willingness to let Mueller do his personnell thing was revolutionary for this franchise. He won me over when he said he was going to call the plays. It's about time we got a guy on the sideline with a clipboard over his mouth. Definitely struck me as a Pass / Run guy not a Run / Pass guy. He pointed out how RB'S get beaten up and "you should see them Monday after the game". Ricky wouldn't have retired on this guy. I think he has a big ego because it takes one to believe you can make a difference here, but the difference is; he seems "willing" to coexist with others quite positively. Wayne is to be commended. His organization has done a 360 in every facet and hopefully it will result in wins. The future for Dolfans is exciting again (I didn't say good or bad) and coming off the Saban debacle, excitement is the best we can do in January 2007. :dolphins:

For a second or too, I thought I was listening to Nick Saban. Their voices sound almost the same. But the longer I listened without hearing "relative to", and "aaaight", I felt more and more comfortable.

For a second or too, I thought I was listening to Nick Saban. Their voices sound almost the same. But the longer I listened without hearing "relative to", and "aaaight", I felt more and more comfortable.

I actually thought his style and speech patterns reminded me a lot of Bill Parcells.

I'll admit I was not one of the Cameron supporters. But I do feel a bit more hope after that press conference. I thought Cam came off as tough, disciplined and with a strong sense of purpose, yet not arrogant and aloof.

Hopefully he'll put what he learned from that coaching lineage (Knight, Schembechler, Schottenheimer) to good use.

[
quote=PhinGeneral;1061711778]I actually thought his style and speech patterns reminded me a lot of Bill Parcells.

I was just about to say that.A Giants friend of mine said,after watching the speech,it was uncanny the way Cameron resembles Parcells in mannerisms and philosophies.

Cam Cameron should try to meet with the Miami media and the sports radio guys right away to get to know them ... and keep doing it every now and then. Just talk with them off the record and all that. Maybe buy a beer for Dan LeBatard and those guys or something. Saban didn't do that. The media and sports radio guys are still going to expect the team to do well and all that, but it would be a good idea for Cam make a good first impression and all that.

I'm sure Cam realizes that the media (especially sports radio) have to be entertaining and yell and scream and joke around a lot in order for them to keep the ratings up and sell their ads in the paper and over the radio, etc. Cam shouldn't take what they say TOO seriously. They are eventually going to start criticizing if/when things aren't going too well for the Dolphins. I'm sure Cam saw plenty of that in San Diego the last week or so. Hopefully, he won't be too surprised about it in Miami. Most of the time the Dolphins fans in Miami and around the country are pretty cool. Not all the time though.

Back
Top Bottom