Are we headed for the dreaded "R" word? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we headed for the dreaded "R" word?

X-FACTOR

Scout Team
Reaction score
Four lack luster games in a row. Horrible Guard play, making good/mediocre backs look like the second coming of Emmitt Smith, D-ends that have been ghost for a 1/4 of the season, shaky qb play at times, second string LB's starting and what appears to be horrible coaching. Are we in for a total re-build or can parts be salvaged?

This team has a core of talent that is young or still in its prime. There are pieces here that a good coaching staff can evaluate, build around, and win with.

The problem is that we're stuck in a holding pattern for another 11 months again.

I am afraid it is rebuild time. Every player and coach must be evaluated.
This team is gutted with poor talent.

I think with some new coaches and another draft to fix our glaring issues at Oline, LB and in the secondary i think we could be fine.

Four lack luster games in a row. Horrible Guard play, making good/mediocre backs look like the second coming of Emmitt Smith, D-ends that have been ghost for a 1/4 of the season, shaky qb play at times, second string LB's starting and what appears to be horrible coaching. Are we in for a total re-build or can parts be salvaged?

How much do you think is really salvageable? Who is worth holding onto and building around?

How much do you think is really salvageable? Who is worth holding onto and building around?

The following players are young and talented, and would start for a lot of other NFL teams:

- Ja'Wuan James
- Jarvis Landry
- Reshad Jones
- Devante Parker
- Jordan Cameron
- Suh
- Jelani Jenkins
- Ryan Tannehill
- Mike Pouncey

The bottom line is that we do have quality NFL starters on this team at a number of positions, even beyond just the guys I named. Even a guy like Koa Misi is a credible NFL starter, even if not a great player. Derrick Shelby is a quality NFL football player -- not a super star -- but he's an example of a quality football player we have on this roster right now who can contribute to a winning football team. This is not that 1-15 team that was trotting out Cleo Lemon, Cameron Worrell, etc. There are NFL caliber players on this roster.

I don't think so. We just gave Suh and Tannehill big contracts. Add Landry, Pouncey, etc. Too much young talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly a rebuild. Face it, on defense guys like Wake and Grimes are done. Vernon is mediocre as is Mitchell, Misi, Sheppard, Taylor, Aikens etc. We need a major infusion of talent on defense. The offensive line is a joke. Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner and Jamil Douglas are awful. Will Albert ever return at 100%? We may need a left tackle along with 2 guards. We need a power back and yes the QB position needs to be upgraded. In short our team is a mess.

I do not believe you can call it RE-building. It would simply be building. In order for something to be RE-built, it must have been built in the first place.

We had a chance to rebuild, but we took Jake Wrong instead of Matt Ryan. We have never started to build from that point. Get a QB, then we can build around him.

That's a great question. When I first read it I thought I would be able to rattle off several names with ease; however, after more careful consideration only Jones, Suh ,Grimes and maybe Jenkins on D. As for the O......Pouncey, James, T-Hill (last years version), and a few of the receivers. Not good!!

I was thinking earlier if a team offered the Phins a 2nd rd pick for any player on the roster who would I turn down a 2nd for them. The only players are Landry and Devante Parker. Everyone else on this roster I would trade for a 2. Heck I would probably trade 90% of this roster for a 3 or 4

That's a great question. When I first read it I thought I would be able to rattle off several names with ease; however, after more careful consideration only Jones, Suh ,Grimes and maybe Jenkins on D. As for the O......Pouncey, James, T-Hill (last years version), and a few of the receivers. Not good!!

I agree with most of your assessment.
Except I think Grimes is on the downside of his career

The dolphins are the 4th youngest team in the league and I still think a lot of that youth has the potential to grow together and improve. I do think that they will unload some older players who are regressing, injury prone, or have high cap numbers. One thing the dolphins always seem to have going for them is that Dawn Apointe writes great contracts and next offseason is no different. Despite Suh's big cap number the fins can (if they want) cut Wake, Grimes, Albert, Jennings, and Dion Jordan to give them 43M in cap space (according to overthecap.com). If the dolphins get a high draft pick due to their performance this year and can spend $42M on talent to replace some of these older regressing veterans I think they can be competitive without any type of long term, blow everything up kind of rebuild.

This team has a core of talent that is young or still in its prime. There are pieces here that a good coaching staff can evaluate, build around, and win with.

The problem is that we're stuck in a holding pattern for another 11 months again.
This team has 1 player actually playing hard in landry. Everyone else is disposable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom