Are we in a "Kyle Boller" type situation? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we in a "Kyle Boller" type situation?

Boller is terrible, I've been unfortunately forced to watch several Ravens games over the last couple years and he is no good. Anyone who thinks he is hasn't seen him play and is just thinking of his college hype. The situation is extremely similar though, as to the fact that regardless of how they played last year, they were brought in for their potential. While Boller didn't look good last year, and neither did Feeley there is still the chance that they could pull a "Drew Brees" and become a top QB. Now that both teams have done everything they can to give these guys that chance, it's gotta be a make it or break it season. I'm fine with Feeley for one more year, I refuse to judge him after one season with our o-line. He did make some poor decisions, but I did see some flashes of brilliance. If he can't succeed with all the new weapons and (hopefully) an improved offensive line, then I agree, it's time to look in a new direction, and from what I've seen from Saban so far is that he makes logical decisions and will move on if he sees that we aren't going anywhere with AJ.

NorFlaFin said:
I would compare Feeley to Eli Manning, rather then Boller. Why? Limited amount of time in the offense plus limited offensive options at RB, WR, and TE.

Boller has far more supporting talent, it's make or break for the Kyle-ster.

Boller has two good TE's and a great cast of RB's. Where is his #1, #2, or #3 WR at on that line-up? Not this year, but in his previous two? can you point me to them?

Harrington is a better comparison for Feeley, as someone else stated. Manning is a terrible comparison. Eli probably has more talent in his right hand than AJ has in his whole body. Harrington, Boller and Feeley all face make or break years.

If Feeley is terrible again, I flatly refuse to accept the "but he's only had about 2 full years as a starting QB!" excuse. He'll be 29 and not have proven a thing. Enough with the excuses, it'll be time to move on. This is a make or break year. I hope he does well and takes the team to a good season. If he doesn't, so long.

NorFlaFin said:
I would compare Feeley to Eli Manning, rather then Boller. Why? Limited amount of time in the offense plus limited offensive options at RB, WR, and TE.

Boller has far more supporting talent, it's make or break for the Kyle-ster.
He's got a much better Oline... but our skill players are better.

nyjunc said:
The difference is Boller has more ability than Feeley but Feeley has many more weapons than Boller.

Boller has more ability, and many more weapons. Jamal Lewis, Desmond Mason, Todd Heap, are all better than Brown, Chambers, and McMike at there positions. And they did draft Clayton, I won't even try to compare offensive lines, and there defense is better than the Phins. Overall Feeley will have to play alot better than Boller if the Phins are to succeed.

I live in Raven country so I see alot and hear alot about Boller. That said, all you who say Boller is so much better than AJ are nuts. :lol:

touborg said:
Personally, I think this is one of the best offseasons we've had for years. We had added a lot of talented players, and for once, we have also added quality coaches.

On offense this year, we have 3 very capable WRs in Chambers, Booker and Boston. We also have a great tight end in R-Mac, and the addition of Brown (and possibly Ricky Williams?) gives us a nice allround setup. O-line was a big ?, but adding Houck, and subsequently not paying very much attention to the area gives me some hope.

Which is where we come back to Feeley. Are we in the same situation that Baltimore are with Boller? I think we are. Feeley is surrounded by a very talented offsence, and If Feeley can't run this O, I think he should be cut or traded.

Baltimore has NO WRs.... whereas Feeley will have Chambers Booker and Boston. Baltimore's WR corps over the Boller Era has been pathetic!

Baltimores Oline on the other hand is top 3 in the NFL. Boller has all the time in the world.

Therefore we are in no-shape-or-form in a Boller situation unless our Oline drastically improves.

Philter25 said:
Baltimore has NO WRs.... whereas Feeley will have Chambers Booker and Boston. Baltimore's WR corps over the Boller Era has been pathetic!

Baltimores Oline on the other hand is top 3 in the NFL. Boller has all the time in the world.

Therefore we are in no-shape-or-form in a Boller situation unless our Oline drastically improves.

The Ravens have recievers now. Mason from the Titans and the rookie whom I can't think off at the moment.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
The Ravens have recievers now. Mason from the Titans and the rookie whom I can't think off at the moment.
Clayton.

But in the past Boller era, their WR corps have been pathetic! Next year Boller has no excuses, a top 5 RB, top 3 Oline, top 3 TE, top 5 defense, decent WR corps.

If they dont win 11 games, somethings wrong and its probably Boller.

Kyle Boller? Please. He sucks!! He completed 50% of his passes ONE season in college, and I still don't understand why he was so highly touted coming out of college. He's done nothing in the pros.

Now, I'm not saying Feeley's any good either, but saying Kyle Boller has a lot of potential to become a good QB is a stretch.

phillyphinphan said:
I generally agree, but I think Joey Harrington's situation in Detriot may be a closer example to Feely, as far a supporting cast goes...
I was thinking the same thing. Joey Harrington's situation in Detroit is the most identical to AJ's here in Miami.

DolphinzD said:
Kyle Boller? Please. He sucks!! He completed 50% of his passes ONE season in college, and I still don't understand why he was so highly touted coming out of college. He's done nothing in the pros.

Now, I'm not saying Feeley's any good either, but saying Kyle Boller has a lot of potential to become a good QB is a stretch.

Boller missed half of his rookie year injured, and Todd Heap was hurt most of last year so he had the great Travis Taylor, the amazing Kevin Johnson, and Devard Darling to throw to. He was highly touted because he threw the ball through the goal posts while kneeling on the 50 yd line. I think Boller will have a breakout year, and think that Baltimore may be the best team outside of New England ni the AFC.

I would compare Feeley to Eli Manning,

Come on. Eli was the #1 overall pick and AJ was a 3rd string QB in the NFL before you acquired him, I'd say Eli's upside is just a tad higher.

Back
Top Bottom