Are we sold on Feeley/Fiedler? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we sold on Feeley/Fiedler?

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I for one like the Feeley pickup. However he is a bit unproven and Jay is just plain bad. Even though Jay "knows the system" I dont even feel real confident in him as a backup. Besides the sysytem will be some different with a different O coordinator. Rumors are flying that both NYG and Buff are trying to trade up and grab a qb. NY with SD (obviously). and Buff with Houston to leapfrog Pitt. If this happens both Bledsoe and Collins could be cut. I know Collins is in his last year of his contract (very cutable) and the new coach has a bug up his A$$ about all of the turnovers last year. Here is the question, if this happens there will be 2-3 QBs out there with Collins, Warner & maybe Bledsoe that IMO are much better than Jay. Do we, or can we cut Jay and pick up one of these Vets to compete with Feeley or back him up. Just sick of Jay and think one of these guys may be a better option.

I don't think anyone's sold on the Feeley-Fiedler combo, and we won't be until we see the first couple games. But that's who the front office has committed to, and there's no sense making a real effort to get someone else in here unless they can be a definite upgrade. Warner, at this stage of his career, is not clearly an upgrade, nor is Bledsoe. Collins is the only one I'd consider worthy of bringing in, but I don't think he'll be cut. More likely, the Giants get Manning and Collins plays out his final year there listening to "WE WANT ELI!" chants at Giants Stadium.

phunwin said:
I don't think anyone's sold on the Feeley-Fiedler combo, and we won't be until we see the first couple games. But that's who the front office has committed to, and there's no sense making a real effort to get someone else in here unless they can be a definite upgrade. Warner, at this stage of his career, is not clearly an upgrade, nor is Bledsoe. Collins is the only one I'd consider worthy of bringing in, but I don't think he'll be cut. More likely, the Giants get Manning and Collins plays out his final year there listening to "WE WANT ELI!" chants at Giants Stadium.

I think Coughlin (sp) may get rid of Collins b/c of all his turnovers and the financial capability to do so. The move also alows him to claim rebuilding so he gets some time to turn this team into his own like he has done in the past. Additionally it would not suprise me to see Tom go get a RB in the draft as Tik has a tendency to fumble also.

Tiki's not going anywhere.

And as much as I like Eli Manning, he's almost certain to make more turnovers in his rookie year than Collins would as starter. So if Coughlin is that worried about turnovers, he'll sit Manning for a year and let him take over next year.

phunwin said:
Tiki's not going anywhere.

And as much as I like Eli Manning, he's almost certain to make more turnovers in his rookie year than Collins would as starter. So if Coughlin is that worried about turnovers, he'll sit Manning for a year and let him take over next year.

Fair enough. Where in Rochester are you from?

I'm satified with the combination of Feeley, Fiedler, & Rosenfels. We have three guys that are working in the system right now. They are working getting there timing down with the WR's.

If our system required a great QB, then when we need to go get one. Our system requires a great RB. We need to continue to upgrade the offensive line and the WR's corps so that when any QB that throws accurate passes can step in and score points.

We just need a little more efficiency from the QB position to be able to win a couple more games per year. I think Feeley brings the accuracy and strong arm and Fielder is a solid backup who never quits. David Boston upgrades from James McKnight. Solidifying the Offensive line is now the critical job for the Spiel-man.

If somthing comes along cheaper after June 1st cuts ,I could see JF getting cut. He makes a lot of $ for a so called back up QB.

REAL DEAL said:
If somthing comes along cheaper after June 1st cuts ,I could see JF getting cut. He makes a lot of $ for a so called back up QB.

Thats what I was thinking. I am sick of his attitude too. He refuses to take a pay cut or restructure when others with significantly more talent have no problem with it. Perhaps his head has finally grown big enough to suit his ears? :rolleyes:

We can't be sold on AJ till we see him play at least the preseason. We'll have a better idea as to what he can do after we see him play for us.

Ozzy rules!!

dreadlockera said:
Fair enough. Where in Rochester are you from?

I'm from Greece. So are you; we discussed it when I first joined the board and I extended an open invite to hang out and watch the Phins at the Still this season. :)

Back
Top Bottom