Are we spinning our wheels or what? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we spinning our wheels or what?

DefensiveEnd76

Football Guru
Reaction score
Are we really moving fast in our asst. coaching search or not? Sparano said we would move fast on it and it looks like our wheels are just spinning in the mud. We not only need a OC and QB Coach but we need a TE Coach and a Strength and Conditioning Coach. Unless we lose even more coaches.

While they may be waiting for some teams to be out of the playoffs in order to talk to some potential coaches, I'm guessing they are running into less than enthusiastic candidates. It all starts with the OC, as some of the trickle-down hires will depend on who that is. I think they want a dynamic person for the job, but they don't have a great list of willing candidates and they have only themselves to blame for that. While the CBA situation probably doesn't help, it doesn't prevent teams from making coaching changes. I think there were a lot of things said in that press conference that they had NO idea how they were going to fix. But it sounds good while doing damage control.

Are we really moving fast in our asst. coaching search or not? Sparano said we would move fast on it and it looks like our wheels are just spinning in the mud. We not only need a OC and QB Coach but we need a TE Coach and a Strength and Conditioning Coach. Unless we lose even more coaches.
Perhaps they are waiting for some teams to lose in the playoffs so they can talk to a few guys. Or maybe they have settled on Chudzinski, but he wants to wait to see what Carolina does first. The OC search is only just a week old. I think we hear something this week.

We also do need a QB coach and new Strength coach, but it appears we don't need a new Tight Ends coach. The rumors of him being fired appear to be false. At least at the moment.

Maybe its Tom Clements whos still working with the Packers in the playoffs right now.
While they may be waiting for some teams to be out of the playoffs in order to talk to some potential coaches, I'm guessing they are running into less than enthusiastic candidates. It all starts with the OC, as some of the trickle-down hires will depend on who that is. I think they want a dynamic person for the job, but they don't have a great list of willing candidates and they have only themselves to blame for that. While the CBA situation probably doesn't help, it doesn't prevent teams from making coaching changes. I think there were a lot of things said in that press conference that they had NO idea how they were going to fix. But it sounds good while doing damage control.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if part of the hold up is the Dolphins being less than impressed with the folks they've interviewed thus far. Have you SEEN the list of candidates? It's like a America's Least Wanted list.

-Especially with Sparano's job on the line. Still, my guess is the Dolphins decide on someone quickly, especially if Chud is willing to choose us over the Panthers.

I think the only reason Chud is even CONSIDERING us is Andrew Luck staying in school. Thanks for that, at least, Mr. Luck.

Wait until after the SB...they may not be able to interview everyone they want to until then.

Why the rush? Is FA starting? The draft? It's better to be sure we get the right guy than rush just to give the fans some news. It's not like they have brought ANYONE in that is a must have. No Mike Nolan in that group. Maybe come end of playoffs someone will emerge worth talking to. What ever happened to the Saints guy? Wonder if we even inquired about him. Chud does NOT have a spectacular resume - c'mon folks. If he is the guy eventually then great but to think you need to rush to get him is crazy.

Who is the Packs QB coach? Guy has done a great job with AR. Same with Pitt and BR. Maybe you talk with them after the season ends.

The problem for us is that we have a lame duck regime. No hot commodity coordinators are going to want to come here b/c they all know that Sparano/Ireland are already on the hot seat. I'm sure they think about the situation and realize that WHEN (not IF) Sparano/Ireland are fired at the end of 2011, and a new regime is brought in, then the coordinator could end up being canned as well. In short we can't offer any long term stability with a lame duck regime.

Also, any good coordinator would have to be concerned about how badly Henne (or a stop gap vet QB or a rookie QB) may potentially make them look. They're probably thinking how their resume would be damaged if they came here and Henne again threw more picks than TDs.

In other words, we're going to have to take what we can get when it comes to coordinators thanks to Ross keeping this lame duck regime.

Back
Top Bottom