Are we Still interested in Martin?

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Seahawks | J. Martin leaves without contract offer
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:10:42 -0700
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/21">Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports free agent QB Jamie Martin (Rams) has left Seattle after visiting the Seattle Seahawks over the last two days. The Seahawks did not immediately make a contract offer and it was not clear whether they would.

Yeah, we are still interested. However, we are only interested if the Harrington deal falls through. It is obvious that Harrington is Saban's #1 choice, and I do think we will get Harrington.

Martin's agent said yesterday that he is Miami's backup plan.

Nublar7 said:
Yeah, we are still interested. However, we are only interested if the Harrington deal falls through. It is obvious that Harrington is Saban's #1 choice, and I do think we will get Harrington.

Martin's agent said yesterday that he is Miami's backup plan.
How long do you wait for the Lions to agree to a deal though?:wink:

Fin Fan in Cali said:
How long do you wait for the Lions to agree to a deal though?:wink:
Until the draft. Millen is threatening to wait until June, but in reality if he isn't traded before or on draft day, his value will drop. I think a deal will be struck in the week before the draft.

Nublar7 said:
Until the draft. Millen is threatening to wait until June, but in reality if he isn't traded before or on draft day, his value will drop. I think a deal will be struck in the week before the draft.
I hope so, because if we were to lose out on both, that wouldn't be good.:wink:

Nublar7 said:
There is always Maddox. :boohoo:
Maddox could definitely help us with the Steeler play calling for the opener, but after that I am not sure that would be the right move for us.:wink:

Myself I would take Maddox at least he has been a starter in this league and is familiar with Mularkey. martin has only played in this league based on team desperation. Martin is strictly bottom of the barrel and I would rather play Lemon then play Martin.

I just saw a very short report in a local channel, and after the Ricky thing, the reporter told that our team counts with 3 options to support Daunte while he healths: Harrington, Martin and Lemon.
Mostly because Saban is happy with Lemon's progress.
Any idea where did that reporter get that info?

I would just "wait out" Matt Millen until he cuts Harrington rather than giving them any draft picks (even if it is only a 7th rounder). We can always scoop up a QB later on if it looks like DC is not ready to start in September. I think Saban is focusing more on Lavar Arrington than a QB at this time...he has to be our main priority.

MexDolfan said:
I just saw a very short report in a local channel, and after the Ricky thing, the reporter told that our team counts with 3 options to support Daunte while he healths: Harrington, Martin and Lemon.
Mostly because Saban is happy with Lemon's progress.
Any idea where did that reporter get that info?
Well, it was reported in the past that Saban and Mueller really like Lemon and think he could develop into something good down the road. Maybe Lemon is our future #2.

Harrington is obviously at the top of the list, with Martin as the backup plan.

Back
Top Bottom