Are We Still Targeting Trent Green? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are We Still Targeting Trent Green?

postermaster

Finsavior
Reaction score
Weeks ago there was an "imminent" trade for Trent Green, now, we have drafted a QB in the second round and I see the things cooled down, so I have to ask, are we still intrested in acquiring Trent Green?

:lol: good read, but will he be released? or his contract longs a few years more?
Since he is refusing to play for KC and is making like $7 million this year, it is a pretty safe bet KC will release him if they don't trade him to Miami. The thing though is that a trade works better for Miami then just picking him up when they cut him. Why? Well, KC may hold onto Green until July or August before cutting him.

green says he will be a dolphin

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...reen,0,5750410.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-frontQuarterback Trent Green told a Kansas City radio station today that he will not be returning to the Chiefs and will ultimately be playing for the Dolphins.

Interviewed on ESPN Sports Radio 810 (WHB-AM), Green said communication between the Chiefs and Dolphins regarding a potential trade has resumed at the urging of him and agent Jim Steiner. Dolphins General Manager Randy Mueller and Chiefs President/General Manager Carl Peterson failed to complete a deal during last weekend's NFL draft, with Kansas City wanting a fourth-round pick while only being offered a sixth-rounder.

Since he is refusing to play for KC and is making like $7 million this year, it is a pretty safe bet KC will release him if they don't trade him to Miami. The thing though is that a trade works better for Miami then just picking him up when they cut him. Why? Well, KC may hold onto Green until July or August before cutting him.

Yeah, thats the way I got it, but why would the Chiefs want to be jerks and keep him until the last possible minute and then make harder for his family to a stablish in Miami if they could just earn a sixth round now and don´t be jerks with anybody...

Also a question that i have is, until when are the Dolphins going to offer a sixth to Kansas City?, because if it is June or July I'd rather not offer nothing to Kansas and stay put until Kansas release him a few days later and then pick him up...

I don't really care, hell I hope Beck or Culpepper start if that is our only other option.

I hope that we offer nothing, and just stand down for now. At this point,
I would roll the dice on Culpepper's knee being ready to go in aonther month, and also waiting on KC releasing Green...

no draft picks PLEASE!!! look at some of the talent that was avaliable this year up to the 6th round. Look at some of the gems that are found in the 7th. If we get him, Great! Like Cam always says "lets worry about what is on the time right now".

I hope that we offer nothing, and just stand down for now. At this point,
I would roll the dice on Culpepper's knee being ready to go in aonther month, and also waiting on KC releasing Green...

I agree a 100% with your first post, welcome to Finheaven! :wink:

carl is a dork...he should've took whatever pick we offered him.

Last week they wanted a 2nd and a 7th, this week they want a 4th, I think that we will pull the same trade offer as we did with Joey last year, a 6th that could be turned into a 5th with some matched conditions.

Why are we even going after Green if Culpepper is 90% now and will be ready for training camp? We might as well see how Culpepper does in training camp before we sign Green and waste our second round pick from last year.

At this point I would offer nothing. They have to release him or pay the 7mm. They just paid Huard big dollars to start, so no way he isn't cut. I would have loved to have the 5th rounder we gave up for Harrington which turned into yet another lost pick for a QB. Why consider doing it again for a one year band aid?? Green has been around forever and has worked with Cameron before. If we want him after he is cut, he'll pick up the system quickly anyway.

At this point I would offer nothing. They have to release him or pay the 7mm. They just paid Huard big dollars to start, so no way he isn't cut. I would have loved to have the 5th rounder we gave up for Harrington which turned into yet another lost pick for a QB. Why consider doing it again for a one year band aid?? Green has been around forever and has worked with Cameron before. If we want him after he is cut, he'll pick up the system quickly anyway.

Good analogy, I agree with you, plus I still have faith in Culpepper...

Back
Top Bottom