Are We Still Targeting Trent Green? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are We Still Targeting Trent Green?

Weeks ago there was an "imminent" trade for Trent Green, now, we have drafted a QB in the second round and I see the things cooled down, so I have to ask, are we still intrested in acquiring Trent Green?

Really it doesn't really matter. If he is cut, he'll be a Dolphin. If not, Culpepper should be a Pro Bowler this year with Ginn Jr straightening out the Offense this year.

i think about mcnair last year.. it took time, but it happend...and I THINK BALT> made the PLAYOFFS>>>JUST LIKE WE WILL!!!

Dude that's exactly what this trade was reminding me of. Our Defense is almost as good as theirs and we're only a QB away just like them. We have weapons and all too (I think ours may be better overall.)

Dude that's exactly what this trade was reminding me of. Our Defense is almost as good as theirs and we're only a QB away just like them. We have weapons and all too (I think ours may be better overall.)

Yes, our offense might be better than their's, but eventhough we've got a great front 7 in the defense, the secondary screw it all back!!!, though I'm seeing improvements on it (if Jason Allen and Will Allen can be SOLID at CB's, while we have Renaldo Hill and Yeremiah Bell as quality safeties), but it just doesn't compare our secondary with Baltimore's secondary...

We get Green, we're winning 10 games, and by all means a playoff team. Book it...

The guy is a very good leader, accurate...He had a down season with that hard hit that resulted into concussion..But he's still an effective & accurate passer, that fits this offense to a tee and is familar with the coaches in Cam in Terry Shea. Guy is a protypical, cerebral pocker passer...

he will be picked us as soon as he is cut...he knows the offense and bringing him in a little later than sooner shouldnt hurt us but unfortunately only hurt him adjusting his family to their new home like he said in the article

Even though it says it was posted today, that article is old.

Sounds like good news to me. Although... i dont think itll be through a trade.. KC is going to end up having to release him.. I sure hope Randy doesnt plan on giving up one of next years draft picks now to get him. Just be patient... and wait... cuz you know KC doesnt want him... and he doesnt want to be in KC.. so let them release him, then we can just sign him... give up nothing and have a QB in place that CAN play until Beck is ready to start.

This should be a dead issue. We have a 25 year old QB of the future so getting Green at this point would be a waste of time. Stick with Culpepper and let him compete with Beck and Lemon. If this truly is a rebuilding year the last thing we need is to go 8-8 with a 38 year old QB

Why are we even going after Green if Culpepper is 90% now and will be ready for training camp? We might as well see how Culpepper does in training camp before we sign Green and waste our second round pick from last year.

Because Culpepper blows. Green will be a dolphin for sure. Its a matter of time. There has never been a reason to doubt it. I cant take this much more. People actually think Culpepper is coming back. :shakeno:

This should be a dead issue. We have a 25 year old QB of the future so getting Green at this point would be a waste of time. Stick with Culpepper and let him compete with Beck and Lemon. If this truly is a rebuilding year the last thing we need is to go 8-8 with a 38 year old QB

You're seriously underming Trent Green...

We need to get Green. DC doesn't fit Cam's PREFERRED offense, and Green does. Green is also the better QB to help bring Beck along. Beck needs to learn to be a pocket QB in the NFL, DC doesn't know how to do that.

Back
Top Bottom