are we sure we want logan mankins??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are we sure we want logan mankins???

2413fanphins

Active Roster
Reaction score
NFL network did a bit of a breakdown of ellis from NYJ, and boy did he have his way with mankins in the game last weekend. I mean if we play the jets twice a year, and need to win both times, if mankins is going to get worked, that's not going to work.

ON the other hand, he must not have been mauled too bad in the 45-3 romp.

so what's the general opinion? IF we were to sign a OG in free agency, is the guy we want? if not, than who?

Mankins is one of, if not the best run-blocking/pulling guard in the NFL. However, in pass-protection he can sometimes struggle more than a player of his calibre should as he has trouble with larger NT/DTs. Overall he's a great player and I hope the Patriots are able to retain him. If the Phins want to get a guard who won't be demanding top dollar, they should probably look at Harvey Dahl from Atlanta.

Shaun Ellis was playing out of his mind that game. He had a chip on his shoulder because he got dominated the previous game. At this point in his career Ellis isn't going to have many more games like that. I wouldn't mind bringing in Mankins on a 3 year deal.

Since his holdout Mankins has been the same guy. If his decline is due to lack of conditioning or pissed at the Pats(Bellicheap) then I'd sign him for a reasonable amount.

It needs to be said that OL next RB have the shortest NFL careers and they degrade quickly.

He's not as good as some of you make him out to be. He will unjustifiably (IMO) command top dollar if the Pats let him test FA. Some of you act as if he is as good as Hutchinson or Faneca were, when they were in their prime

fully admit that most of my post was in regard to that ONE game... however that one game was the difference between going home and moving onto the AFC title game... a game I don't think under any circumstances mankins should have been manhandled.

I would tend to agree he is probably the top target as fas are OG's go. but I question if we shouldn't make the BIG $$$ signing elsewhere and settle for the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th best OG available in free agency.

I have a feeling that the pats will do everything in their power to resign Mankins.

Light (OT) is also a free agent; go after him or Zach Strief of the Saints. Then, move Carey to RG and Jerry to LG. If memory serves they started w/ Jerry @ LG last season and did well.

It doesn't help that Matt Light is one of the most overrated LTs in the game. He really only makes pro bowls because he blocks for Tom Brady.

I'm doing my homework on some of the young guys in the east west shrine..but I am not seeing a ton out of the OL... I have been watching that center from syracuse pretty close... I'm no CK... but I am doing the best I can !!! LOL

It doesn't help that Matt Light is one of the most overrated LTs in the game. He really only makes pro bowls because he blocks for Tom Brady.

once u make a pro bowl u tend to get overrated. Long is an awesome tackle but really was not deserving of the pro bowl this year.

once u make a pro bowl u tend to get overrated. Long is an awesome tackle but really was not deserving of the pro bowl this year.

I think you are right in general, but Long playing through injury the way he did and still being very effective makes him more deserving in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom