Are We Trying to Put Round Pegs in Square Holes?... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are We Trying to Put Round Pegs in Square Holes?...

FinsGonnaRock06

Club Member
Reaction score
We are asking Ronnie to be an every down back to which he has never been one, we are asking McMike to Block to which he sucks at, we are asking Daunte to play ball Control, when he is used to Spread Offense, we are trying to run a 3-4 Defense with 4-3 players, just a few observations! Im sure there are More???

mrTque-1.jpg

AAAAH Brown is an every down back Cady only started at Auburn because Cady was better suited for the college Game( Quiker has more agility)....Ronnis is better suited for the pro game( catches bigger faster and can block).........Mcmike has gooton alot better at blocking!!! (that comment is spoken from some one who does not kno wut he is talking about)!!!! and we play both a 3-4 and a 4-3 Traylor and JT and Crowder are all 3-4 type players...but they are also 4-3 type players!!!!!!!! JT just switches positions in the 3-4 and we have the system Daunte has spent most of his carrer in!!!!!!!!!!!!

16yeardoldfan said:
AAAAH Brown is an every down back Cady only started at Auburn because Cady was better suited for the college Game( Quiker has more agility)....Ronnis is better suited for the pro game( catches bigger faster and can block).........Mcmike has gooton alot better at blocking!!! (that comment is spoken from some one who does not kno wut he is talking about)!!!! and we play both a 3-4 and a 4-3 Traylor and JT and Crowder are all 3-4 type players...but they are also 4-3 type players!!!!!!!! JT just switches positions in the 3-4 and we have the system Daunte has spent most of his carrer in!!!!!!!!!!!!

...ah...the beauty of the English language:sidelol:

16yeardoldfan said:
Mcmike has gooton alot better at blocking!!! (that comment is spoken from some one who does not kno wut he is talking about)!!!!

no he's right. mc pretty much sucks at blocking. the tape doesnt lie...he will make a good block from time to time but he whiffs or makes a poor block much too often.

Ronnie is an every down back.. he is punishing.. we just haven't seen him actually do it.. because they dont run enough.. and until they give him the rock for 30 times a game.. we'll never know.

I thought Ricky illustrated for us that giving the back the ball 30 times a game every game gets you pretty much nowhere. SO what is with this every down back BS?? Do you think Ronnie is not physically tough enough to carry the ball 30 times a game?? Why, the man can lay out NFL defensive players and you think he's not tough enough?? Please stop following the bandwagon on this subject.

ronnie is an every down back, but the dolphins wont let him, for some strange reason

but they let ricky but not the guy selected 2nd in the nfl draft last year

MCMIKE needs to learn to block to create mismatches in play action ..........if it's well disguised. he needs to get better

Just how much more of this will we have to endure? I get the feeling that people will post this stuff until, if, and only if Culpepper has a career game against the Patriots. And even then some people will say that performance is a fluke...

Well, at least people are only questioning the offense. Our defense is ranked #6 in the NFL so far this year.

Yea man, round pegs fit square holes! It's the square pegs I can never seem to jam in the round holes for some reason.

Anyways I agree with what your saying somewhat. It does seem to be changing too much at once obviously so given our current record, however we won't know wether this was a bad decision until the team has had time to adjust to this new way of playing.

We are asking Duante Culpepepr to be a winning Qb, hes never done that,

LOL as an Example i believ Ronnie was so Punishing that he nocked out Champ Baily in his first ever regular season game!!!!

EDIT: I didnt say Randy was good at blocking i said Hes gooton alot better!!!!! I still think hes not horrible his run blocking i think is decent he needs to work on his pass blocking tho!!!!

16yeardoldfan said:

Lets quit making excuses why Caddy was the main back in college. He was the main back because the coach preferred him and was definately the more recruited player. Now on the pro level there are new comparisms.

Back
Top Bottom