Are We Waiting For A Final Four GM Candidate? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are We Waiting For A Final Four GM Candidate?

I would say that the process is being deliberate, painstaking and thorough.

That's based on the same information that is little other than baseless
speculation everyone else here, and in the media is using.

I would say that the process is being deliberate, painstaking and thorough.

That's based on the same information that is little other than baseless
speculation everyone else here, and in the media is using.

It is being thorough, it has also been just 8 days since the search began. This process hasn't been long or dragging out.

Yeah, it's ridiculous to do a thorough seach of qualified candidates. Should have had a guy in place the day Ireland left. Hurry Hurry Hurry just cause I can't wait to post the "Phins hire ____" post first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

We'll hear none of that common sense talk here.

Why utilize a thoughtful process when one could simply pack
your closest football person in your jet and fly cross country to
make an aggressive, desperate stab at a candidate. That
works every time.

Not to mention the fact that if a person makes a mistake once, they will
absolutely repeat it over and over. There's really no hope.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

It is being thorough, it has also been just 8 days since the search began. This process hasn't been long or dragging out.
I guess that would depend on what one's opinion of long and dragged out is.

It is if they are continuing to interview people and then have a finalist round? This is dragging out.

It is if they are continuing to interview people and then have a finalist round? This is dragging out.

Multiple interviews are pretty common for any employer attempting to make a good
choice of employee for a position that doesn't involve attempting to supersize fries.

Does it really take days to narrow the search from 7 to 2?

Have you ever been a part of the interview/hiring process? Executive searches usually takes months for corporations smaller than the Miami Dolphins. I doubt this will take more thane a few weeks, but its a lengthy process.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Just pure speculation on my part but, may be true? Who is out there to be considered? I would guess a few.

A team being in the playoffs wouldn't prevent a scouting/personnel director from interviewing with us. Its not like they are coaching.

Have you ever been a part of the interview/hiring process? Executive searches usually takes months for corporations smaller than the Miami Dolphins.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

A team being in the playoffs wouldn't prevent a scouting/personnel director from interviewing with us. Its not like they are coaching.

Yes. Most def. I have been on a few hiring committees. When the position did not have to be filled for months, the process did take awhile. However, when someone was needed ASAP, we worked our butts off to fill the spot.

To say that this team does not need anyone right now is a joke. There is so much work to be done. From re-signing players to something as GIANT as what will the vision of this team will be going forward, need to be established.

Listen to Drew Rosenhaus talk about why it is so important to get a GM in place right now. I respect his take. Don't give me he is an agent, blah, blah, blah stuff. He is right.

http://wqam.com/2014/01/15/drew-rosenhaus-8/

Yes. Most def. I have been on a few hiring committees. When the position did not have to be filled for months, the process did take awhile. However, when someone was needed ASAP, we worked our butts off to fill the spot.

To say that this team does not need anyone right now is a joke. There is so much work to be done. From re-signing players to something as GIANT as what will the vision of this team will be going forward, need to be established.

Listen to Drew Rosenhaus talk about why it is so important to get a GM in place right now. I respect his take. Don't give me he is an agent, blah, blah, blah stuff. He is right.

http://wqam.com/2014/01/15/drew-rosenhaus-8/
He's a snake and a professional liar. Not to mention he has a skin in the game.
That guy could tell me it is raining in a hurricane, and I would be checking to
see if it was just him pissing on my leg.

Miami interviews GM candidates and hires one after one week and the fans say " They rushed and didn't interview everyone " - Miami takes their time and interviews or tries to interview everyone they possibly can and the fans are still mad cause it's taking to long - Let them take as long as they can and just hope they get it right - That's it

The team doesn't not need to rush to hire a GM right this instant. There I said it. =)

It will happen soon enough. geez. If it takes a couple more weeks, I'll join the this is dragging on crowd.

Honestly, I don't think it has been that long at all. It's an important decision that can either help propel your organization forward if you get it right or send you into a tailspin if you get it wrong. Why would we want them to rush it?

Take your time and lets make sure we get it right.

Unless Miami wants to talk with one of the current GMs I don't think they have wait until they're done with the playoffs. You don't have to wait if it would be a promotion.

Honestly, I don't think it has been that long at all. It's an important decision that can either help propel your organization forward if you get it right or send you into a tailspin if you get it wrong. Why would we want them to rush it?

Take your time and lets make sure we get it right.

Why would we use a logical process of due diligence when we could follow the
advice of a guy that has the best interests of NO NFL team at heart, and will stop
at absolutely NOTHING to screw every organization out of ANY possible
advantage in the contractual process?

:ponder:

Gosh. One option for a seal, would be to stick close to the pack, learn how
to swim and spot danger......And another would be to go kiss a hungry Orca.

He's a snake and a professional liar. Not to mention he has a skin in the game.
That guy could tell me it is raining in a hurricane, and I would be checking to
see if it was just him pissing on my leg.

Well Ross must be a fan

Back
Top Bottom