Are yall really that disappointed with Junior? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are yall really that disappointed with Junior?

wonderl33t

Club Member
Reaction score
I've been happy with his contributions, he is a run stopper and he has made some HUGE plays this year. I'm seeing a lot of jabber here on the boards about him being overpaid and not worth it. He's been making some big stops though. And actually he usually comes out of the game on 3rd downs because he is a bit weak on coverage, but on the downs he does play he is an impact player, even at his age.

Keep in mind who he's replacing. What was his name... what was it... oh yeah, Rodgers. He's brought a whole lot more to the table than Rodgers ever could. Is he our future? No. But he IS a solid contributer.

Jr has been all we c/have hope for from a player of his magnitude and age, but is a bit overpaid for what he brings. I still have liked having a OLB that is so active and such a solid tackler

Seau has been solid all year long...so I'm hoping he stays for at least one more season.

Yes and NO. He is a great contributor in the run game and a decent blitzer. However I wish he was used more creatively in blitz packages and could cover anyone out of the backfield. Of course that is true of Zach too. Both are good and worth keeping, but a bit long in the tooth and lost a step. I would like the team to get a bit younger and faster. They are known as a fast team but those that are considered so may have lost a step. For example:
Seau
Thomas
Marion-would love a faster FS
He plays the run well but gets beat deep quite a bit and does not have the 5 picks a year like he has in the past. In fact he may be better at SS.

Rodgers (2002) 45 Tackles, 0 sacks
Seau (2003) 59 Tackles, 3 sacks (with two games left.. averaging 5 tackles a game)

Seau should finish with close to 70 tackles, and maybe a sack or two more. Almost double what Rodgers accomplished... and that doesn't even include the energy that Seau brings to the table. Yeah, he might be slightly overpaid... but he's entertaining!

EDIT: Edited to note that this is also in his first season with a new D scheme...

Ok just checking. Perusing the posts in this particular forum, it was seeming as if lots of people were dissatisfied with his performance this year.

I'm not disapointed at all with Seau. I think he has done a very good job this year and is a huge improvement over Rodgers.

Originally posted by wonderl33t
I've been happy with his contributions, he is a run stopper and he has made some HUGE plays this year. I'm seeing a lot of jabber here on the boards about him being overpaid and not worth it. He's been making some big stops though. And actually he usually comes out of the game on 3rd downs because he is a bit weak on coverage, but on the downs he does play he is an impact player, even at his age.

Junior has been fun as hell to watch!
The guy plays with fire and has definitely played at a high and effecitve level.
The few on here that are calling him out and saying his play was avg..... I don't get it. Those people need to rewatch some games if they have them taped and really watch this guy motoring all over the field laying big hits on anyone in his path.

I have a great respect for this guy as a player after watching him this year.

And I bet that stat doesn't include

Originally posted by phinphanphrommi
Seau (2003) 59 Tackles, 3 sacks (with two games left.. averaging 5 tackles a game)

Seau should finish with close to 70 tackles, and maybe a sack or two more. Almost double what Rodgers accomplished... and that doesn't even include the energy that Seau brings to the table. Yeah, he might be slightly overpaid... but he's entertaining!

EDIT: Edited to note that this is also in his first season with a new D scheme...

How many tackles for losses he's made this year and how he's assisted in disrupting the play by being in the backfield.

I would say he's worth every penny and then some

Another thing about Junior......

It's tough to have a "high profile" contribution to a scheme that takes you out of the game on every or at least every other third down.

The scheme sucks.

seau can still play. the coaches dont have a clue about how to use him. ive seen alot of him at DT. :confused: how bout blitzing him off the corner instead of that tired old up the gut crap where he gets lost in the shuffle. all you have to do is look at what new england does and copy it. seau would be mike vrabel .

wouldn't it be nice to see

Originally posted by ZOD
Another thing about Junior......

It's tough to have a "high profile" contribution to a scheme that takes you out of the game on every or at least every other third down.

The scheme sucks.

Our defense come out in a three four scheme. I know we don't have the linebackers to do it, but it would be nice to see Seau blitzing every other down from all angles.

Originally posted by phinphanphrommi

why're you comparing last season and this season? Rogers has outplayed stat wise... maybe not leadership wise but that hasn't helped.

Back
Top Bottom