Are yall really that disappointed with Junior? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are yall really that disappointed with Junior?

Would this work for a 3-4?

NT: Chester (Bowens will likely be gone)
LDE: Ogun (For another year)
RDE: Taylor

Far SS Backer: Greenwood
Inside SS Backer: Thomas
Inside WS Backer: Seau
Far WS Backer: Moore

Secondary the same with all FAs and everything considered.

Do you think that would work? Maybe Zgnonia would have to start because the NT needs to make some pressure.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Would this work for a 3-4?

NT: Chester (Bowens will likely be gone)
LDE: Ogun (For another year)
RDE: Taylor

Far SS Backer: Greenwood
Inside SS Backer: Thomas
Inside WS Backer: Seau
Far WS Backer: Moore

It would take alot of "pressure" off of all of the players involved.

The MAJOR problem with that drastic of a change is in personell. We're geared to run a 43 and I don't see any coach coming in and changing the defense "wholesale".

If anything, I think the changes that we will see with a new coach would be in the secondary. That would only be a change in scheme.

I've been saying that since this slide started

Originally posted by ZOD
One thing that is certain.

The Blueprint must be changed.

The NFL is a very trendy league and you see most organizations moving away from the HC with total control over personell. It spreads them way too thin. It was proven this year in Seatle. Hopefully Wayne has taken notice of this and either apoints RS as GM and let him pick a HC or go out and get a GM. Long gone are the days of the HC/dictator just like long gone are the days of QB's calling all the plays. We need structure from a new GM, to HC, OC, and all the assnt.. especially a qb coach as well as a DC and all the assts. The NFL has become to detailed oriented to not set up that kind of infastructure. Let's just hope Wayne doesn't drop the ball.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

why're you comparing last season and this season? Rogers has outplayed stat wise... maybe not leadership wise but that hasn't helped.

I'm comparing last year and this year because it's a more accurate comparison. Seau is replacing Rodgers in the same system, with the same coaches, and the same supporting cast as Rodgers had. Rodgers however went to a new system, with new coaches, and a new supporting cast... last year's Rodgers is a better comparison. Rodgers is the star LB on the Saints... that should be your first clue!

Saints:

Sedrik Hodge | Grant
Orlando Ruff | Sullivan
Rodgers | Whitehead
| Howard

Miami:
| Ogun
Greenwood | Chester
Thomas | Bowens
Seau | Taylor

Seau plays on a front 7 with WAY more talent than Rodgers and still makes a bigger impact.

I think Seau has played very well this year. As someone mentioned before another sack or two would give him even higher marks. One thing I haven't liked is the personal fouls. He does bring fire and leadership to a team that sorely needed it.

Back
Top Bottom