Are You Comfortable With Sammy Morris? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are You Comfortable With Sammy Morris?

NJPHIN34

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I for one am. As long as he holds on to the ball. But I do remember when Ricky bailed on us, it was Morris who carried the load for most of the season and had a decent year. That year he had a 4.0 ypc average, 523 yards with 6 TDs and 22 receptions in 8 starts. Not bad for a backup. I like his burst and think he will fill in nicely for Ronnie, as long as he holds on to the ball, can't repeat that enough.

Obviously we want Ronnie back for as many games possible, but how are you guys feeling with Sammy for a game or 2?

I think you said it pretty dead on, as long as he holds on to the ball. He is also a good receving back as well. He should be a good fit for the Jags game, but I'd like to see Ronnie back for NE.

I like him, but he needs to hold on to the ball a little better. Honestly, he's not ronnie, and doent seem to get that extra yard or two like ronnie does. I wish he were a little bigger, he's only about 212, but overall i think he should do fine.

I have to say that I am a little worried, but he is a capable back. Just hold on to the ball and things will be alright.

I'm anxious to see what Morris does as the starter. I always thought he did a good job filling in.

Morris' problem is he runs too upright. He has absolutely ZERO finesse when it comes to his running. Because of this, he tends to leave himself open for big hits that allow for fumbling. I have no problem with him filling in because I feel he is fully capable. I just cannot wait for Brown to come back.

Since Sammy came back from the suspension, he has been playing with more fire and has had some great runs. I'm hoping he takes this opportunity to improve his value, and keep this momentum going.

NJPHIN34 said:
I for one am. As long as he holds on to the ball. But I do remember when Ricky bailed on us, it was Morris who carried the load for most of the season and had a decent year. That year he had a 4.0 ypc average, 523 yards with 6 TDs and 22 receptions in 8 starts. Not bad for a backup. I like his burst and think he will fill in nicely for Ronnie, as long as he holds on to the ball, can't repeat that enough.

Obviously we want Ronnie back for as many games possible, but how are you guys feeling with Sammy for a game or 2?

As you and some others here said, as long as he holds on to the football. Sammy is a tough running back and surprised me with his speed last week at Detroit.

Lets just look at it like this, Sammy is no Ronnie Brown, we all know that. But he can do an adequate job filling in. All we have to do is just rely on the passing game a little bit more. Losing Ronnie hurts us in the sense of becomming more one dimensional. So I guess the question is, are you comfortable with Joey Harrington? And for the first time this year, I can say yes! GO GET 'EM JOEY!

Well we all know Jax run defense is a whole lot better than Detroits, so I think Sammys going to have a tough time trying run, especially up the middle which is where he runs best. If he can get 60-70 yds. and not cough it up, then we`ve got a chance. We`re going to have to throw the ball effectively against the Jags though if we hope to win.

He makes me extremly nervous every time he carries the ball. His fumbles come at the worst times.

i have faith in him, sammy never really gets called on too much besides when ricky left us....but one thing i think your all holding ronnie brown too high right now...what has he done for us so far thats so great? i mean dont get me wrong, i love him just as much as all of you do and i think hes gonna be a very good back eventually, but so far, ronnie hasnt lived up to what we all thought he was going to be when we drafted him...but yea, im comfortable with sammy morris and i think he could get the job done

Back
Top Bottom