Are you guy's gonna miss Fiedler? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you guy's gonna miss Fiedler?

RebaJosh

Practice Squad
Reaction score
From a Bills fans point of view I don't really see a big differance between Lucas and Fielder. If anything Lucas provides a bigger problem because of his threat to run.

What do you all think?

Originally posted by RebaJosh
From a Bills fans point of view I don't really see a big differance between Lucas and Fielder. If anything Lucas provides a bigger problem because of his threat to run.

What do you all think?

Honestly, Norv will design a game plan for Lucas. He will put Lucas in the best position to win for us.

I actually think Lucas and Fiedler bring a lot of the same characteristics to the table. Both are pretty good scramblers, the *slight* edge going to Lucas. Jay's a little more comfortable in the pocket, but not so much that there's a tremendous dropoff. Bottom line: I think our offense will run just fine with Ray handing off to Rickey and hitting backs out of the backfield. I'm not sure he throws as accurate a deep ball, but I'm sure some on here would argue that Jay doesn't impress in that area anyway.

Fiedler always lights the Bills up. Hes a better QB than Lucas. However, Lucas is more athletic and I think we will use that.

It's true, there's not much of a drop-off. Does that make them both pro-bowlers? Nope, it just makes them both average at best.

Originally posted by bills_phan
It's true, there's not much of a drop-off. Does that make them both pro-bowlers? Nope, it just makes them both average at best.

We lose nothing with Ray Lucas coming in for Jay.

Nice Avatar Bills fan. LOL
Is that a real pic from his Sports Illustrated wedding dress pictorial?

we could probably play Rosenfels next week and come up with a big win.... :rolleyes:

It is funny how only notice that they are average, but you fail to see that our average QB can take our team to a 5-1 mark, but your superstar QB only can manage a 3-3 mark. I can't wait to see our average back up lead a stampede over your lack of a defense. 24 points to the worst offense in the NFL is making Miami's top 10 offense drool already.

I just want to point out one thing.
In the last three years....
The winning SuperBowl team has had a QB contreversy at some point in the season. Rams : 2000 (Green/Warner) Ravens : 2001(Banks/Dilfer) Patriots : 2002 (Bledsoe/Brady) 2003 Dolphins (Fiedler/Lucas)? :D
Something to think about if Lucas does well in the next three games. :confused:

Originally posted by WCoastFin
Heck ya imma miss Fiedler

ill miss fiedler cus of his will to win. he screws up and he keeps coming back. he is now 27-11 as a starter. best in the league the last 3 years. lucas will provide a deep ball and more zip on out patterns and he also can scramble as good, but i wonder if lucas has as much character to come back as fiedler especially in rough environments.

Originally posted by Sportsguy11
I just want to point out one thing.
In the last three years....
The winning SuperBowl team has had a QB contreversy at some point in the season. Rams : 2000 (Green/Warner) Ravens : 2001(Banks/Dilfer) Patriots : 2002 (Bledsoe/Brady) 2003 Dolphins (Fiedler/Lucas)? :D
Something to think about if Lucas does well in the next three games. :confused:

And I just want to point out our last QB controversy:

1999 - We start off 7-1. A QB controversy is started by the media, leading to a lot of destruction. End result? A 2-7 finish. We barely make the playoffs. We win against the number three seed, the Seahawks, and then get our asses handed to us by the Jaguars (62-7 ring a bell?). Dan Marino and Jimmy Johnson both retire.

I do indeed have great memories of QB controversies here in Miami.

Wanny had great QB controversies in Chicago too. He went through, what, 50 QBs during his tenure with the Bears?

The bottom-line is Fiedler is the starter if he can play. Otherwise, Lucas is our man. No matter what the media yarns the next few weeks, ignore their bull****.

Blitz,
We would have two CAPABLE QBs not a lame back-up in Huard and an old Dan Marino. That's not a knock on Dan but he wasn't the same, you gotta admit that. The only QB controversy we would have here is two GOOD Qbs and that has taken us to the Super Bowl twice. This is a team first and foremost and I have no doubt that Ray and Jay will peacefully do whatever is asked of them FOR the TEAM. I don't think there would be much of a controversy among the players no matter what the media trys to make it. This team is tight.

Back
Top Bottom