are you ok with our center ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are you ok with our center ?

Hey guys, I'm new here! :D I just wanted to add my 6.5 cents... Seth did fill in quite a bit last year during the course of the season. After watching Ruddy, he spent most of his time on his back or sitting in the middle of the line not blocking anyone..:roflmao: Seth came in on some plays, and he was definitly an upgrade.. seemed he was in tune with the line. I have no problems with Seth starting at center, but then again...... he hasn't played every down for a season yet. To Be Continued...

Gladsadmad said:
Nobody said he was great. All he has to be is better than Ruddy..in other words, better than garbage.

I think he will be.
i wasnt suggesting anybody said he was great the question was what do you guys think of seth and i simply replied i dont think he is all that great from what i have seen he hasnt done anything to impress me i think hes average at best

Unlike most players, from what ive seen im comforatble with him untill he proves me otherwise. Usually its the other way around.

There has been a lot of confidence placed on the two most important positions on the OL ,LT and C.I am not a coach so I dont know if those positions are capably filled.To me it looks risky but we must trust that the coaches know what they are doing.I guess I worry more about the depth at those positions.An injury can be devasting at those positions.

catapano said:
i wasnt suggesting anybody said he was great the question was what do you guys think of seth and i simply replied i dont think he is all that great from what i have seen he hasnt done anything to impress me i think hes average at best

Guess what?..average is still better than Ruddy. That's all I'm saying. Can we agree that he'll be better than Ruddy?

dolfan3033 said:
Hey guys, I'm new here! :D I just wanted to add my 6.5 cents... Seth did fill in quite a bit last year during the course of the season. After watching Ruddy, he spent most of his time on his back or sitting in the middle of the line not blocking anyone..:roflmao: Seth came in on some plays, and he was definitly an upgrade.. seemed he was in tune with the line. I have no problems with Seth starting at center, but then again...... he hasn't played every down for a season yet. To Be Continued...

How do you add the picture at the bottom of your post? I don't know how to do that.

Gladsadmad said:
Guess what?..average is still better than Ruddy. That's all I'm saying. Can we agree that he'll be better than Ruddy?
ruddy is old his carear is over but lets say we compare seth to ruddy when ruddy was in his prime who is better? i would say ruddy but i also understand seth is young and has time to improve his game.

I think it is a great move overhauling the line. I have said in other posts the average age of our line is 26 yrs old. I hate to say this but if you look at New England last year they had a lot of guys get thrown in the fire and produce including rookies at key positions. The reason they did this was coaching, and the confidence the coaches gave them as well as in game experience. If our coaches will take the time and coach this OLINE and continually speak blessings and not curses to these guys praise them and encourage them i think these guys will be fine. They need confidence and the only way to get it is for the coaches to give them the opportunity to go out and prove themselves. I look at Wade Smith while he wasn't the best tackle in the league last year and yes he gave up some sacks but if he hadn't played he would be another guy to groom. Now I know he is not a superstar and there is still grooming to do.

Actually I'm more than OK with McKinney at center. I watched him all through college and am 100% positive that this kid has all the tools to be a dominate center in this league. Personally I would have liked to have seen him played more last year to get some experience and be better prepared to take over leadership of the line this year.

He is going to be a upgrade from Ruddy, so that does improve our Oline..

SmokeyPhinz said:
If the Front Office feels the OL is good enough as we are, why should we worry? :lol:

Well, just to play devil's advocate.....

The FO thought the OL was good enough last year and ummmmm......

Thinking for yourself isn't a bad thing and dosen't make you a bad fan.

As for whether or not Seth is ready.
No one may know, even coaches. Sometimes you just have to hedge your bets and hope a guy steps up when he gets the chance. It's pretty obvious that the FO has little other choice but to bet on McKinney.

He dosen't have to be an All Pro to top the play Ruddy gave us the past few years. Anything better would be a plus. What I like about him is that he's a hustler and has that no quit attitude supposedly.
Let's hope he steps up.

I've said it before as many on here have, OL and QB positions will without a doubt define how far this team goes. Both have solid POTENTIAL but how much that potential will develop into quality play is yet to be seen.

dolfan3033 said:

:welcome: to the boards :) and I agree with your post.

I believe Mckinney will do fine. I don't see how he could do any worse than Ruddy last season.

Seth is the least of our worries on the O side. If he is average (16th in the league) that will be a good upgrade and more than good enough. Ruddy gave his 100% and played to his potential and had a good career for for us, not great but was good. I thinkn Seth will be a very good blue collar guy that hustles....playing next to Jeno will guarentee that. As for the FO thinking last years was good enough? Well the new sherrif says it stunk and cleaned house, which is what 90% of the fans wanted done. Actually Rick addressed every weak spot we had and more. Granted some of the moves remain to be seen reference and actual upgrade, but for once our FO was aggressive and is actually trying to better the team. I think this is going to be the most exciting season in a long time as we will actually be able to see guys develope together and some surprise us etc. THe more our O plays together the better they will get, so finally as the season progresses, we will get better instead of the normal decline. To me, we will be very very scary during the last quarter of the season, so the most important thing is how to keep from being too bad at the begining and picking up wins while we grow on O. Thant is where the D and the ST will have to set the O's plate for them and let them have some successes and also learn from their mistakes. If we can compete early, I think we'll be where we want to be at the end...IMHO

4Dfins said:
Seth is the least of our worries on the O side. If he is average (16th in the league) that will be a good upgrade and more than good enough. Ruddy gave his 100% and played to his potential and had a good career for for us, not great but was good. I thinkn Seth will be a very good blue collar guy that hustles....playing next to Jeno will guarentee that. As for the FO thinking last years was good enough? Well the new sherrif says it stunk and cleaned house, which is what 90% of the fans wanted done. Actually Rick addressed every weak spot we had and more. Granted some of the moves remain to be seen reference and actual upgrade, but for once our FO was aggressive and is actually trying to better the team. I think this is going to be the most exciting season in a long time as we will actually be able to see guys develope together and some surprise us etc. THe more our O plays together the better they will get, so finally as the season progresses, we will get better instead of the normal decline. To me, we will be very very scary during the last quarter of the season, so the most important thing is how to keep from being too bad at the begining and picking up wins while we grow on O. Thant is where the D and the ST will have to set the O's plate for them and let them have some successes and also learn from their mistakes. If we can compete early, I think we'll be where we want to be at the end...IMHO

Good post. I agree. The longer the line works together we'll do fine and they'll improve. Seth will be OK at center. I'm not worried about that position. I worry more about QB and LB.

Back
Top Bottom