Areas Of Improvement | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Areas Of Improvement

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
We won. I'm happy. But we always have areas of the team that can improve. There is something going on when the game starts that makes me uncomfortable. I do not know how to explain, but it is almost like Gase comes into the game with a concept instead of a plan. We always seem lethargic at the start of the game and the start of the second half. Put the foot on the throat from the start and don't let off till there is no life left. A more consistent pass rush would be nice.. We have to stop throwing the ball two yards behind the LOS when we need 6yds for the first down. We have to use our no.1 asset at WR more - speed.. The running game in this contest was absolutely pathetic.

With that being said, this is a great win. RT looking better when he actually goes downfield with the ball. The way we closed out this game was encouraging. Let's keep it up. In the past we would fall apart at the the end of the games, i.e.snatchng defeat from the jaws of victory. I hope we get past the injuries. I really want to see Hayes in the game next week. We can't afford to lose him or any player for that matter. Perfection is the goal, although I know it is almost impossible to achieve.

You can have twice as much yardage, over twice as many points in twice as much time of possession and guess what?

It doesn't matter. Why?

Because SPEED KILLS!!

And you can't coach SPEED. Nope.

You can only sign it and draft it. Simple as that.

Then throw in a couple bottle caps and sticks and turn those cheetahs loose.

The Raiders seemed to dominate this game and yet flew home 8 point losers, up by 10 with 16 minutes left and suddenly down by 11 with 25 seconds left.

The key word there was 'suddenly".

Wow. 3-0 for a team that many thought might win only 2 games this year.

Here is a quick reality check. The 3 teams we beat are a combined 3-6.

We may only be the best of the worst but it sure feels good right now.

http://dolphinblog.bitchindave.com/2018/09/dolphins-use-bottle-caps-and-sticks-to.html

Tackling is bad. ...Run blocking is bad....3rd Dow efficiency is bad on both sides of the ball.

Gase calls a game that plays to Tannehill’s strength, short quick throws getting the ball into playmakers hands and let them use their speed to try and make a big play. As the game goes on and defenses are pulled in it opens up the deep ball.

If Gase built a game having Tannehill drop back, moving around in the pocket, making reads and trying to go over the top without setting it up it most likely would be a disaster. If Miami had a Mahomes or Peyton Manning (2013) type of QB we would be seeing a totally different game plan. He works with what he has.

Gase calls a game that plays to Tannehill’s strength, short quick throws getting the ball into playmakers hands and let them use their speed to try and make a big play. As the game goes on and defenses are pulled in it opens up the deep ball.

If Gase built a game having Tannehill drop back, moving around in the pocket, making reads and trying to go over the top without setting it up it most likely would be a disaster. If Miami had a Mahomes or Peyton Manning (2013) type of QB we would be seeing a totally different game plan. He works with what he has.

This is such a disengenious take -- as if RT17 can't dominate a game from the pocket (if he gets a pocket, that is).

Get out of here with your passive-aggressive faux compliments.

The real reason Gase is calling the game like this is OL.

OL is struggling in interior blocking -- running game in interior was non-existent and interior gaps attacked at will by Raiders.

That said, did you even see RT throwing from sketchy "pocket"? He had full command of the game from there. Made throws that showed the difference between himself and Carr.

The same Carr that many people such as yourself once used as a flavor-of-the-day wish replacement for RT17.

LD

Here is a quick reality check. The 3 teams we beat are a combined 3-6.

To be fair, the Raiders are 0-3 and account for half those losses, and we did beat a Jets squad on their turf, and the titans have won their last two games. Not disputing your point, but to say the teams we have beaten are bottom of the barrel is a bit misleading. They’re bottom of the barrel now, in part, because we beat them.

Areas of needed improvement:

1. Interior OL. Begging please for some infusion of talent here.
2. CB. Please get help at CB. X is great. After that? Note: Minkah is the real deal but he needs to be at S.

Miami is going to go as far as the OL does, imo, and the interior has been struggling the last two games.

LD

Areas for improvement:

1. Run game - fell off since we lost Sitton.

2. Tackling - is sloppy at times.

3. Third down efficiency - we are at about 33% while opponents are at about 50%. Need to flip this.

thanks for taking AdamC to task. He has been completely discredited with his constant THill bashing, so now changes the narrative that we are succeeding because we built an offense around THill's weaknesses.

What a crock of warm horse sh$t. I dont know which is worse- the ignorance of some, or their false pride.

Just swallow hard. admit you were wrong, apologize for the bashing, and enjoy THill's beautiful game management and the team's success.

and yes, our OL is a concern...

Can you explain which part was 'passive-aggressive' please?

Quote: He says that Gase "works with what he has." And that if Gase had RT17 drop back and throw from pocket it would be "a disaster." This from a post that purports to compliment Gase -- the entire subtheme was completely unjustified crapping on RT17.

Classic passive-aggressive bitterness.

He's being proven wrong on RT17 and is still trying to invent perspectives that let him keep his preconceived notions, after a game that RT17 dominated from behind LOS all day -- even with sketchy pockets.

LD

Areas of needed improvement:

1. Interior OL. Begging please for some infusion of talent here.
2. CB. Please get help at CB. X is great. After that? Note: Minkah is the real deal but he needs to be at S.

Miami is going to go as far as the OL does, imo, and the interior has been struggling the last two games.

LD

I totally agree with you. I think Davis has some tools but Kilgore is a Jag that much to the site chagrin is NOT better than Pouncey and Larsen is a backup. It will be interesting next week because as Collinsworth kept pointing out NE loves to send their LB's up the middle on blitzes. Can these guys handle it?

What a disappointment the Sitton loss is.

Back
Top Bottom