Arenas & Miami Inked? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arenas & Miami Inked?

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...08jul08,0,6097463.story?coll=sfla-sports-heat

Originally posted by Sun-Sentinel
"Other than Jason Kidd, Gilbert is the best free agent point guard," Arenas' agent, Dan Fegan, said Monday. "We've discussed going down to Miami and joining a team with Gilbert, Dwyane Wade and Caron [Butler]. There's not a better young, 1-2-3 combo in the league. They could get an opportunity to grow together."

While the Heat brass or Arenas' Los Angeles-based agent wouldn't confirm a scheduled meeting this week, it's probably not a coincidence that coach Pat Riley and General Manager Randy Pfund are in L.A., not far from the 21-year-old's Van Nuys high school.

:thewave:

Kandi rules....but I would prefer Zo if the money was right.

no way, Zo is a unknown health wise, while Kandi is young and great.

We can't afford Arenas AND Kandi. I don't really like Kandi. He is a 28-year old who puts up 12/9 a night, nothing special. He plays the game with no passion, he doesn't really give a damn how he or his team performs.

Arenas would definately cost atleast $8 million up front. Kandi is looking in the $6-7 million range. If we get Arenas, then we'd look at trading Jones for a big man, trying to lure Zo in for cheap(like $3 million, unlikely), Elden Campbell, and/or Brian Skinner.

However, if we land Arenas for $8 million, we'd be left with around $3 million. If we trade Jones for Swift/Dickerson, we'd gain an additional $2.1 million. That's about $5.1 million. We can TRY to bring in Kandi for one year $5 million. We can sign Howard or Brown. The likely scenario would be to re-sign Zo for around $4.8 million.

1-Arenas/Carter for minimum?
2-Wade/Dickerson
3-Butler/Butler
4-Grant/Swift/Beasley
5- Zo/Swift(3-man rotation)

Originally posted by Peanut
However, if we land Arenas for $8 million, we'd be left with around $3 million. If we trade Jones for Swift/Dickerson, we'd gain an additional $2.1 million. That's about $5.1 million. We can TRY to bring in Kandi for one year $5 million. We can sign Howard or Brown. The likely scenario would be to re-sign Zo for around $4.8 million.

1-Arenas/Carter for minimum?
2-Wade/Dickerson
3-Butler/Butler
4-Grant/Swift/Beasley
5- Zo/Swift(3-man rotation)

First off, neither Arenas nor anyone else for that matter, can "ink" a deal until the 16th of this month. Secondly, even if he had verbally committed (which he hasn't) to the Heat it would not matter as he is not an UFA but a RFA which means that he Warriors have the right to match any offer on the table and, most reports out here in CA have them matching any offer to him. Finally, I'm not sure why anyone would be excited about anything right now other than the fact that the Lakers just locked up yet another championship yesterday with the public verbal commitment of "The Glove," with "The Mailman" soon to follow.

Besides the old "Showtime" Lakers, there has never been a more talented NBA team to step foot on a court in the history of the league. Barring injury, the league might as well just hand over the trophy right now.

BTW, you don't want Olawakandi (Sp?). He's a lazy underachiever with a manic personality that drives his teamates crazy. Besides, he's spent his entire career on the Bush-league Clippers and they have been known to ruin many-a-player's career due to the fact that they learn absolutely zero fundamentals over there.

LAKERS 2003-2004 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by t2thejz
Hey peanut are those denvers new jerseys

Actually, they're UCLA's old jerseys which Denver has, for some reason, completely ripped.

Originally posted by t2thejz
Are they going to use those during the season

Yes, that is their new uniform. It looks good, unfortunately, it's identical in almost every way, to that of the Bruins. :shakeno:

I say the Heat should try to trade Eddie Jones for crap this year, and have another bad season.

Then next season, they have about 20 million of free salary cap space, plus, another lottery pick. Kobe, Garnett and Kenyon Martin will be free agents next year. We can make our big move this year, and in addition, when the Lakers win the championship this year, Malone will probably retire in additon to Payton for next year. Kobe might want to go somewhere else, and this way, we can be a great team, when the Lakers don't have the team they have this year.

Originally posted by Migs182005
I say the Heat should try to trade Eddie Jones for crap this year, and have another bad season.

Then next season, they have about 20 million of free salary cap space, plus, another lottery pick. Kobe, Garnett and Kenyon Martin will be free agents next year. We can make our big move this year, and in addition, when the Lakers win the championship this year, Malone will probably retire in additon to Payton for next year. Kobe might want to go somewhere else, and this way, we can be a great team, when the Lakers don't have the team they have this year.

Payton's only 34 so there's no retiring for him any time in the near future and I'd be willing to bet my car that Kobe will be going nowhwhere next year. Kobe grew up a Lakers fan, he's the most popular player in all of SoCal, and he lives in one of the nicest places in the entire world in Newport Beach so there's really no reason for him to go anywhere else.

Originally posted by Expo88

First off, neither Arenas nor anyone else for that matter, can "ink" a deal until the 16th of this month. Secondly, even if he had verbally committed (which he hasn't) to the Heat it would not matter as he is not an UFA but a RFA which means that he Warriors have the right to match any offer on the table and, most reports out here in CA have them matching any offer to him. Finally, I'm not sure why anyone would be excited about anything right now other than the fact that the Lakers just locked up yet another championship yesterday with the public verbal commitment of "The Glove," with "The Mailman" soon to follow.

You tell me when on earth I said Arenas inked a deal with the Heat. What I meant was that they are connected on all bases and everything looks great. Warriors match any deal? LOL. They cannot match ANY deals over $4.8 million. We'd offer him atleast $8 million.

Who gives a damn really about the Lakers? Why can't Heat fans get excited? To me you're looking for trouble. Do not come into a Heat post and talk about the Lakers. That's stupid and ignorant..

Back
Top Bottom