Argos Prez Wants Ricky To Return | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Argos Prez Wants Ricky To Return

EAZY 0

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2660181

"I certainly gave him an open invitation to come back here when he is finished in the NFL," Argonauts president Keith Pelley told reporters after Toronto's 33-24 playoff loss to the Montreal Alouettes on Sunday. "If he plays two or three years down there, hopefully he'll come back up and end his career in the CFL. I think he is very open to that."

"The biggest disappointment for me is I'm not going to be around my teammates any more," Williams, who had 91 total yards and a crucial third-quarter fumble in Sunday's loss, told reporters. "For the first time in my career, I bonded with my teammates and I'm not ready to leave them."

The guy is weird but is a great running back nobody ever knows what he will do but doesn't he have to come back to pay the dolphins back.

EAZY 0 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2660181

"I certainly gave him an open invitation to come back here when he is finished in the NFL," Argonauts president Keith Pelley told reporters after Toronto's 33-24 playoff loss to the Montreal Alouettes on Sunday. "If he plays two or three years down there, hopefully he'll come back up and end his career in the CFL. I think he is very open to that."

"The biggest disappointment for me is I'm not going to be around my teammates any more," Williams, who had 91 total yards and a crucial third-quarter fumble in Sunday's loss, told reporters. "For the first time in my career, I bonded with my teammates and I'm not ready to leave them."

So he never bonded with the Phins? Such a nice thing to say :lol:

I don't think Ricky should be forced to come back.

Ronnie Brown is emerging, we don't need Ricky from what i've been seeing. If I were running the show i'd allow him to stay in the CFL if he wanted to.

The Argos are contractually obligated to release Williams after the season. He also owes the Dolphins alot of money and won't be making that kind of dough in Canada.

playing in canada opposed to the nfl is like playing AA baseball when u can be playing in the big leagues. he'll be back no doubt.

Why do we want him back? I say let him do whatever he wants and let him pay us for the rest of his life. He wll only impede Ronnie's progress. He left us twice......screw Ricky.

If Ricky is happy in the CFL, maybe he should just stay there? I know Ricky could be a nice backup to Ronnie, but you also have to deal with the possibility he could be a distraction to the team, and fail another drug test.

Thats nice! They can have him after he's done fullfilling his contract with us. We need to get our 2 years out of him first. When Ronnie got his groin dinged yesterday, I immediately flashed to wishing our "distraction" was on the team. Distraction? You've got to be kidding me!

I'm pumped Ricky got through the CFL without a major injury and wasn't pounded into the ground. He remained football active without the wear and tear. I don't think his CFL experince could have gone any better for us. Welcome back Yogi Rick!

AS much as I like Ricky as a player (and some things as a person) maybe the organization should just cut their losses and let him go.

butta247 said:
Why do we want him back?

Because he's an incredibly talented RB, and he's cheap too.....

I say let him do whatever he wants and let him pay us for the rest of his life.

I'd rather get him back now, and use him up for what he's worth. Even if he's not the Ricky of old, he's still better than a large number of RB's in the NFL. On top of that, he sounds like he's excited about playing again. Why just throw him away???....

He wll only impede Ronnie's progress.

To a certain extent, yes he will. But Ronnie / Ricky as a tandem is more dangerous than just one or the other. To have both available to us is a huge benefit in my opinion. If not for just a back-up roll, Ricky is certainly a player we can use on offense....

He left us twice......screw Ricky.

I debate this all the time, and come to disagree with most fans who say Ricky left us.....

He never left us. He quit football the first time because of an impending year long suspension, he never quit on the team in general. Had he quit on us, he would have never returned, which he did in 2005.....

This latest suspension was a joke in my opinion. We never found out what substance he was using to deserve it, just another "banned substance", but yet they know it wasn't marijuana....:rolleyes:

Ricky will be back in 2007, and I readily welcome him with open arms. What he brings to this offense is another vital weapon, and one that the offense needs in my opinion. Saban knows what a player like Ricky can bring, and that's why he's become one of his supporters throughout all of this. He knows....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

SCall13 said:
AS much as I like Ricky as a player (and some things as a person) maybe the organization should just cut their losses and let him go.

:yeahthat:

Ricky makes us a better team... although, I don't see us keeping him.

Back
Top Bottom