Argument for not drafting a QB #1. Hate these posts, but going there. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Argument for not drafting a QB #1. Hate these posts, but going there.

umpalu

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Total sports homer and Ohio State fan and understand we need a QB like no buddy’s business, but Chase Young from Ohio State? He is straight ruthless. You can’t stop him. Extremely worthy of #1 pick so far. Would be the best defender in the league in 1 or 2 years. Bosa boys and JJ on the out. Love the Bosas from Ohio state, but dude is strait dominant.

I would love to have him here but we just can't afford to miss out on a QB and Chase young will go early so we would have to trade back up to get him and we have too many holes to fill to give up more picks to get Chase Young.

I dont know... I'm all for Tua, but I can get behind Chase Young and Burrow/Love/Fromm. Everyone DOES need to start wrapping their heads around the fact that we might not get the first pick.

If we have the #1 pick we're taking Tua. If we don't we're trading up and talking Tua. Only if the price is too high do we start looking at a non-QB and then coming back around with the Steelers' pick to take one. In that case yeah Chase Young is the prime target, but no way are we taking him ahead of Tua if both are available. Young may be deserving of the #1 pick, but as a non-QB in a strong QB class deserving won't be good enough.

Who affects the game more? The guy that touches the ball every snap his offense is on the field or a DE?

I agree, we need pass rushers. But what did we win with a HoF DE and Wake on our roster? While passing on some top QB talent, who took their teams all the way.

If MIami drafts #1 then Tua. I'm not seeing any other franchise QBs in this draft.

If Miami doesn't and Tua is taken I'm for taking Young.

I don’t see us getting the #1 pick. Cincinnati is going to show us how to tank. Trading up is flat out stupid when you have as many needs as Miami. Tua, if he comes out, and Burrow will the the 1st and 2nd pick. Not sure of the order, depends on Cincinnati. Now, if Tua doesn’t come out and we are setting at 2, I’d take Young. No other QB is worth a top 5 pick.

Back
Top Bottom