Arian Foster can’t have Jay Ajayi’s jersey number | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arian Foster can’t have Jay Ajayi’s jersey number

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
072916-spt-dolphins-003.jpg

DAVIE — Dolphins running back Arian Foster wants teammate Jay Ajayi’s jersey number 23, but can’t have it.
“He just won’t give it up,” Foster told The Palm Beach Post as he walked off the practice field Wednesday.
Foster doesn’t appear entirely comfortable in jersey number 34, once worn by Ricky Williams, though Foster will wear it in his Miami debut Friday night at the Dallas Cowboys.
Both Foster and Williams have interests that extend far outside the football field. Williams was considered aloof and eccentric.
Asked by a reporter about his interest in science, Foster said Wednesday: “I think science is our greatest accomplishment as the human species.”
Foster wore number 23 with the Houston Texans.
In college, Foster wore number 27 at Tennesee and Ajayi wore number 27 at Boise State.
Number 27 on the Dolphins? Shamiel Gary, a third-string safety who may — or may not — make the team.
Foster hinted that one way or another, he’ll consider changing out of number 34 before the season.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...an-foster-cant-have-jay-ajayis-jersey-number/

whether gary makes the team or not, arian should be wearing number 27 by opening day. leave ajayi alone.

lol @ no one reading, 'not really'....or acting like they didnt anyways. :p

Good to see Jay acting like a starter

Ajayi shouldn't give up his number if he doesn't want to.

I don't like seeing a RB wearing #34 either. Had Ricky not been suspended for as long as he was he'd clearly be a hall of famer and that number would be retired. I'll always be a Ricky Williams fan and that number belongs to him.

At the end of the day, #23 will always be Surtain's.

They should have a contest. Guy who has the highest yards per carry by week 8 gets to buy it from the other guy....by footing the Bill for an offense team dinner.

Which one of them isn't on the injured reserve gets the number.

Gary will be cut, Jay should take his college number, and Foster should get the number he had at Tennessee.

Who cares what number they wear. None of them have built a brand with any certain number on this team or anything. Just wear whatever the team gave you and get out there and run people over.

The only people on this team that deserve to care about their number at this point is 17, 93, 91, 14, 20 and 51
In my mind those are the only number "brands" built on this team.

Back
Top Bottom