Arian Foster: 'Growing optimism' Foster can be 'the guy' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arian Foster: 'Growing optimism' Foster can be 'the guy'

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Today has been Foster buzz day at camp. As Foster continues to look smooth, Jay Ajayi rehabs a knee issue on the sideline. Asked about the Dolphins' 2015 committee approach at running back, OC Clyde Christensen said it's something the team hopes to avoid. "We really need someone to emerge as the guy," Christensen said. "We don't want to substitute. ... We really need one guy to be a three-down back, stay in there for that drive." Every indication has been Miami wants Foster to be that bell-cow.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...news.asp?sport=NFL&id=5469&line=338360&spln=1

I really expect Foster to have a significant and electrifying impact on this offense...much in the same way Reggie Bush did his first year. Just as long as he stays healthy...

I don't like the RB by committee approach unless you have two outstanding backs. I was pulling hard for Denver in the playoffs last year to beat NE. Every time Hillman went in and Anderson came out I was like, "why"? There was such a drop off in production. I hate it when they sub w a lesser player on a drive cause the better back just rumbled 30 yards and needs a rest. I hope Foster or Ajai are the "guy" and the others play complimentary roles.

I don't like the RB by committee approach unless you have two outstanding backs. I was pulling hard for Denver in the playoffs last year to beat NE. Every time Hillman went in and Anderson came out I was like, "why"? There was such a drop off in production. I hate it when they sub w a lesser player on a drive cause the better back just rumbled 30 yards and needs a rest. I hope Foster or Ajai are the "guy" and the others play complimentary roles.

RB's just take too much punishment. Defenders are bigger and faster than ever, so the collisions do more damage. While QB's and WR's have received some protection via rule changes, RB's have not. There isn't a way to mitigate the punishment a RB takes - other than limiting his reps. Some coaches prefer to use up a RB, then move onto the next, and some turn to a committee approach.

Ideally, you have two RB's who, when asked, can give you 20 carries and produce, but only a few teams have that luxury.

These conversations make me nervous. As soon as they say AF is the guy, he'll probably tear his other Achilles. Man, it's tough to be a Dolphins fan

Moreno was ballin before he got hurt. I wonder how things would've been had he stayed healthy. Him and Miller would've been a force.

Honestly, what's the percentage chance that Foster makes it to opening day healthy? I put it at 20%. That's not being negative, it's just based on precedent.

These conversations make me nervous. As soon as they say AF is the guy, he'll probably tear his other Achilles. Man, it's tough to be a Dolphins fan

Way to go that's the mentality!

You guys are making a big deal about nothing. We have 3 guys we will be using throughout the year in Foster, Ajayi, and Drake. The truth is we do not have a 3 down back on this team. Our best bet would be to have Foster in on 1st and 2nd downs and Ajayi in on 3rd down, specially 3rd and short.

I really doubt the phins use Foster as a bell cow. But the good news is he is displaying to still be an elite back.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Is it sad that I thought the exact same thing?

With everything going on I certainly wouldn't be stressed about the RB position. Good coaches have proven that with the write scheme and game plan you can excel with simply having decent RB's. We have that. (but I can't pass up a chance to beat the drum of "if we had just kept Miller we wouldn't even be having this conversation"....but I digress)

DVP staying healthy, the CB's and the Oline being figured out....now THOSE are something worthy of a some concern.

Back
Top Bottom