Arian Foster to (possibly?) meet with Miami this week | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arian Foster to (possibly?) meet with Miami this week

Adam First

Excellence in Mediocrity
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.scout.com/nfl/texans/sto...er&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

Foster made it clear that he was going to return in 2016 and, since his release, the market is starting to warm up with multiple teams for the best back in Texans history. He is set to visit the Miami Dolphins this coming week and, although Miami is not the only team that has expressed interest in Foster, they will be the first team to take a look at him since the injury. The Dolphins made it known shortly after his release from the Texans that they wanted to meet with him, but Foster will still have to pass a physical before signing with the Dolphins or any team.

Confirmed by Miami sources Foster will visit:

[TWEET]714477288734203904[/TWEET]
[TWEET]714475229016403968[/TWEET]

Last edited by a moderator:
He was pretty good when he was healthy. However, it is a bit of a concern that Houston let him go and paid top $ to Lamar Miller as his replacement.

He was pretty good when he was healthy. However, it is a bit of a concern that Houston let him go and paid top $ to Lamar Miller as his replacement.

If you remember last year's game vs the Texans, he had a gruesome Achilles injury. He would probably be cheap coming off the injury - if he can even pass the physical, that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might as well. Last year aside, Foster has averaged 4.1 ypc and higher every year of his career. I'd draft a RB maybe day 3 if they were to go with Ajayi/Foster into the season.

If you remember last year's game vs the Texans, he had a gruesome knee injury. He would probably be cheap coming off the injury - if he can even pass the physical, that is.

I beleive it was his Achilles (same as wake ) but I may be wrong .

42ed17cf05d7070e846ba1fe047ef6d0.jpeg

better not be the starter

Foster makes sense. We wouldn't need to run him into the ground like the Texans did when he was healthy. We could cut his workload down a bit and give those carries to Ajayi, have a one two punch with Foster and Ajayi. If the price is right we should be looking at Foster because he gives us an upgrade as a runner and also a pass catcher, both valued commodities in Gase's system.

I pulled out the comparative data.

Arian Foster is 29 and has played 8 NFL seasons
6472 yds rushing (average 4.5 yd/carry)
2268 yds receiving (average 9.1 yd/reception)
54 TDs rushing, 14 TDs receiving

Lamar Miller is 24 and has played 4 NFL seasons.
2930 yds rushing (average 4.6 yd/carry)
887 yds receiving (average 7.6 yd/reception)
19 TDs rushing, 3 TDs receiving

Well they saved 7 million on his salary and roster bonus.
So pretty much translated that directly into paying Miller.

Not a surprise he is constantly picking up major injuries.

Definitely think Miami needs to take a look here and kick the tires. The key would be what type of contract would you be looking at. Would imagine some type of frontloaded contract with little guaranteed after a couple years in keeping with the strategy of the offseason.

I like the guy but he isn't just done he is well done.

Back
Top Bottom