Arizona Cardinals possible trade partners? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arizona Cardinals possible trade partners?

Boone

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I wonder if there is any possiblity that we could pull off a trade with Arizona? I heard on NFL network that the Cardinals love Alex Smith and would love to draft him with the 8th pick. They signed Kurt Warner to only a one year deal...sounds like a short term answer. Maybe we could trade down with Arizona?

If they get some sort of deal done for a running back, that's certainly a possibility. Anybody who wants a QB will want to deal with us to get ahead of Cleveland, particularly if the Niners cut out the Ronnie Brown talk and take their pick of QBs like we thought they would.

What the hell ever happened to Travis Henry?

Does anybody even want that guy...

Jaj said:

Somebody will, but I think whoever wants him is playing chicken with the Bills to see if they'll cut him loose.

He's not the only lost guy, though. Where's the interest in Davenport and Thomas?

I'd expect Arizona to possibly send that 3rd they got for Starks and maybe a 5th for Henry. They'll get a productive RB without having to use the 8th overall pick.

Jaj said:

A reporter from a Buffalo newspaper was on "The Herd" this morning on ESPN radio. He said the Bills will have no choice but to trade Henry, but it could drag out until the draft.

If the Fins are interested, I say offer a fifth this year and maybe a conditional fourth or third next year.

If it drops down to like a 4th+ another 4th next year I'd do it in a second. He's still a very good workhorse back and he'd be hungry to show something against Buffalo. Would allow us to trade down with Minnesota and then take Merriman.

Jimmy James said:
Somebody will, but I think whoever wants him is playing chicken with the Bills to see if they'll cut him loose.

He's not the only lost guy, though. Where's the interest in Davenport and Thomas?

they wont just cut him. he's still on his rookie deal, which for a second rounder is fairly close to the minimum

Jaj said:
If it drops down to like a 4th+ another 4th next year I'd do it in a second. He's still a very good workhorse back and he'd be hungry to show something against Buffalo. Would allow us to trade down with Minnesota and then take Merriman.

I don't like Henry or trading with the Bills, but it is true that this sort of deal would be a steal. I would hope we'd grab one of the 2nd tier backs in this scenario, though. I just don't have any confidence in Gordon.

Jimmy James said:

With as deep as this draft is at RB, why trade for a back when you can draft one?

I hope Travis Henry is still in the mix. But I can't imagine the Bills trading him to a division rival for less than a 3rd rounder. Hope I'm wrong though.

Dudeman said:
they wont just cut him. he's still on his rookie deal, which for a second rounder is fairly close to the minimum

Yeah, I know about his deal. The only reason they'd cut him would be to get rid of the distraction he could cause. Still -- why not try to sweat the Bills if you're the Cards and believe you're the only team after him? What are you losing?

I think the Bills are running out of options to trade him.

It's basically down to us, Cards and Bucs needing running backs and the Cards appear intent on drafting one.

I'm sure the Bills aren't thrilled about trading him in the division, but it may be their only option.

Jimmy James said:

I absolutely agree. I have been thinking that if no deal is made for Henry, then the Bills may cut him after June 1st. That might be the word going around to the different GM's and might be why some teams have backed off from a trade with the Bills for him..

Gunner4u65 said:
With as deep as this draft is at RB, why trade for a back when you can draft one?

We're talking a 4th rounder, a pick the following year at around the same value, and a cheap initial salary for a 1000 yard rusher. Like I said, I'd want to draft a guy behind him like a Morency.

Back
Top Bottom