Arizona released Clement | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arizona released Clement

Avalanche of Wins

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
do you guys think he is worth taking a look at for depth, even though we signed stockcar.?

Nah- we have enough solid, but unspectacular o-linemen.

Then again, the more competition the better I guess..?

i know clement is a right tackle, but left tackle scares me to death. wade smith is a revolving door, and mac was just a mess last season, didnt seem like he ever had his head in the game, to many mental mistakes...just a thought though..wonder what other cuts are coming

Two words: Hudson Houck

He has plenty of guys to work with, and may the best five start.

Wade Smith could be a big surprise under the guidance of Hudson.

i also think to my best recolection that smith is a bit undersized, even for a left tackle. i believe he was a converted college tight end right?

claytonAndDuper said:
i know clement is a right tackle, but left tackle scares me to death. wade smith is a revolving door, and mac was just a mess last season, didnt seem like he ever had his head in the game, to many mental mistakes...just a thought though..wonder what other cuts are coming

I think Wade is going to be tried out at Center... Mac was playing on a ankle that was only about 80% healed... not to mention Tony Freakin Wise and his Zone blocking schemes with 5 guys who haven't played as a unit...

It wasn't till Bates took over and made Wise dumb down the blocking assignments to man-on-man did that line look somewhat respectable.

I believe that we will be fine (not SET but fine) at LT this year, or else Saban would have moved mountains to address it if it where that much of a problem.

Spray Mucus said:
I think Wade is going to be tried out at Center... Mac was playing on a ankle that was only about 80% healed... not to mention Tony Freakin Wise and his Zone blocking schemes with 5 guys who haven't played as a unit...

It wasn't till Bates took over and made Wise dumb down the blocking assignments to man-on-man did that line look somewhat respectable.

I believe that we will be fine (not SET but fine) at LT this year, or else Saban would have moved mountains to address it if it where that much of a problem.

You better pray we use zone blocking schemes... :shakeno:

He used man blocking...

Dolfan1000 said:
Two words: Hudson Houck

He has plenty of guys to work with, and may the best five start.

Wade Smith could be a big surprise under the guidance of Hudson.

You really think an o-line coach making $800,000 a year is the difference between a bad o-line and a good o-line? I have my doubts. He is a better coach but with the same players I don't see the result changing all that much.

MikeO said:
You really think an o-line coach making $800,000 a year is the difference between a bad o-line and a good o-line? I have my doubts. He is a better coach but with the same players I don't see the result changing all that much.

Well he took 3 rookies from last years draft and protected Brees and gave LT plenty of room to run. He has much better talent here this year than what he last year in SD. Our OL was not as bad as it looked last year. Opposing teams learned early that AJ couldn't handle the blitz, and our running game could not make them pay big for over blitzing so we got blitzed on nearly every play. By the end of the year our oline was playing pretty good ball.

MikeO said:

It happened in San Diego. 2 words Shane Olivea.
Many of these lineman are very young. It often takes 3-4 years for o-linemen to develop. I wouldn't discount all the young guys on this line just yet.

Back
Top Bottom