Armando article on FA qbs and bangs on Fitz | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando article on FA qbs and bangs on Fitz

RedWhiteNBlue

Active Roster
Reaction score

Fitz is probably cheaper than most of the other vet QBs that will be available. But he’s not better than all of them.

Bridgewater is better than Fitz.

Mariota, Winston and Dalton might be better, depending on what day it is, and they all are younger.

I couldn't disagree with this guy more. Fitz is better then every single one of them behind the worst Oline. Hes ranked 12th out of the entire league the last 2 years by PFF to boot. He is the perfect man for this job right now.

Fitz is probably cheaper than most of the other vet QBs that will be available. But he’s not better than all of them.

Mariota, Winston and Dalton might be better, depending on what day it is, and they all are younger.

I couldn't disagree with this guy more. Fitz is better then every single one of them behind the worst Oline. Hes ranked 12th out of the entire league the last 2 years by PFF to boot. He is the perfect man for this job right now.

"He is the perfect man for this job right now." said every team he has started for.

Seriously cant wait to have someone else under Center.

The quick-thinking of Fitz was remarkable at times last year. He seldom made a bad decision that wasn't caused by 1-second pass-rush, and often was out and running before the defense knew what hit them. It's almost impossible to compare any of these other QBs cuz all of them had more time to throw and more time to think in the pocket than Fitz did. I KNOW Tannehill would've crapped his pants on most of the plays where Fitz rushed for good yards or delivered a Dime or gave his playmakers a chance to high-point a ball. 'Poise'. Nobody had more poise than Fitz did in 2019.

The good RF . . . you're right. He's better. The bad RF? Not so much

Unless the team views Bridgewater, or another quarterback as a long-term answer, then sticking with Fitzpatrick for one more season makes sense. Have to say, I was never a big fan of Fitzpatrick prior to last year. But the year he had was tremendous considering the problems Miami had on the offensive line and in the running game.

I wouldn't rule out Miami getting into the QB market in Free Agency.

Mariota is a great system fit and Jameis is a really great talent. Both guys are still very young.

Just wouldn't surprise me at all. My personal preference is Tua though.

When you're cheating on the test...

Armando is NOT the guy you want to get your answers from.

Fitz is a great team leader.

Mariota, Winston and Dalton all have their issues.

Why gamble and lose all the chemistry that was gained last season?

Winston is the only one I'd even spend time thinking about.

Rosen is under contract, he is more accurate than those 3 guys, whatever his other issues may be.

Some of those guys are better than Fitzpatrick but NONE of them are guys to build a team around going forward.

You might gamble on Winston/Mariota because of their age.

I really liked Mariota coming out of college and I am surprised he has struggled so much.

He would be worth signing cheap and kicking the tires on IF Miami does not think they can get a QB in this Draft.

I don't think Fitz has ever been the starter on a team that was worth a crap his entire career. If he ever had good talent all around him there's no telling how different he would be perceived and how much better he would look as a qb.

Back
Top Bottom