Armando: Bess is staying | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Bess is staying

Having one top 5 WR and three borderline #1/#2 WRs (according to PFF) gives Miami one of the deepest WR corps in the league.

The #5 and #6 WRs are generally developmental guys and/or returners, not a top draft pick.

When did Miami get a top 5 wide receiver? Not taking shots at Wallace but he's closer to 15 and none of the other receivers are bordline #1's

"Wallace
Matthews
Draft Pick
Hartline
Gibson
Bess..."

Anyone else get a chubby looking at a solid WR core? Damn it's been a while.

I def want us to keep Bess but just keep in mind we announced we were keeping Yeremiah Bell last year and then cut him like 2 days later out of the blue. Anything is possible, and if they think they found a better alternative they will get rid of Bess in a heartbeat. But like I said, he is valuable and we should be him.

bess returns punts well

they will all compete for PT with no bias. even wallace. mathews will be ahead of curve. people forget him but i cant wait to see him in the open field cus no one is gonna cover him.

don't get why people want him gone. the guy may not get tons of yac but he is money on third down

Why wouldn't we try to upgrade? You yourself have pointed out that he doesn't get lots of YAC. He isn't fast, isn't a deep threat, isn't a big play threat. If we can draft Tavon Austin or Ryan Swope to compete with him for the starting slot position, why wouldn't we? Unless those guys flop on their faces in the NFL (they won't), seems like a no brainer to upgrade the position with a cheap rookie instead of paying a guy whose contract is expiring.

I dont think Wes Welker is any much better than Bess, and that's saying a lot for a slot receiver. I think his numbers will go Way up this season, he'll get open more, and provide Tanne with a safe option on 3rd down.

Philbin and Sherman probably didn't get half the offense in last season. Who knows what we will see in terms of pers0nnnel usage.

Lets just say we drafted Austin. why would phins pay 2.5M to not play him that much. Right now they dont have plans to cut him. If we draft a WR in the first 3 rounds and that WR is good in the slot then why pay Bess 2.5M to watch the game. Bess may be kept or may be traded but may be affected by the draft pick.

Back
Top Bottom