Armando: Dolphins turn to technology to monitor injuries | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Dolphins turn to technology to monitor injuries

Subsequent research.... There are 4 companies that are the major players in the sports technology industry - 2XU, Catapult, Lorna Jane, DMC. So Catapult is only one of the 4. It is seen as an industry that is set for major growth. A report suggested that within a few years they project 40 Australian firms will be in the industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great application of new technology. There are similar products on he market now that you can buy that can monitor your body temp, distance traveled, speed, heart rate, BPM, ect. You can put an app on your phone and it will link to your device and record your metrics. I have a personal trainer friend that uses the heart rate function to calculate calories used in a workout. Its great the Fins are using this, and I suspect they can use it for a lot more than injuries.

We were using something last year similar to this but I believe we were the only team using it at that time, is it the same product?

I remember last year the talk of chip Kelly bringing this type of thing to the eagles. and while watching the world cup this summer it was crazy seeing how many miles some of the players were running. I used to joke the soccer players back in HS, but heck as a DL, on most plays I would go 3-5 yards on a play then rest for 30 seconds. and if this is our first year using almost in entirety then we have to get baselines. you cant overly get baselines in 1-2 practices. and the patriots don't need it, somehow im sure they have access to the other teams data so as they know if misi has to chase a player 10 yards then he's less likely to keep up acceleration so lets run this call on him.

Welp better go get a refund on it, because it is definitely not working. lol

Was just going to say, looks like things are going just swimmingly.

While the bold text says the Dolphins want to limit injuries, the very next sentence is this:
The Dolphins want to cut down the time players are forced to be out once they’re injured.
And the team is exploring this avenue with the hope the science can offer some advantage opponents might not enjoy, which could help fatten the win column.

So the point is not really to decrease the number of injuries, it is to decrease injury recovery time.

Back
Top Bottom