Armando - Fins love Barnett and Lamp | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - Fins love Barnett and Lamp

ce95bef30f0fe1b77135991cac5dfb3c402688c5d18f0cfa90d467ab901ca9c2.jpg

No way in hell Derek Barnet makes it to 22, unless there is a video of him beating a white girl, lol! In that case, I don't want him. Miami will be OK with Lamp, its not the worst case scenario.

Someone fire it up and get that man a bong and a camera phone!
9681eeefce32d430d051f127ab8eb194.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barnett is legit breaking Reggie White's sack record in the SEC. The defense needs a good first round DE pick to rebound from the Jordan fiasco.

Do the Dolphins want to elevate the offense (if healthy) from "good" to "very good/excellent," or improve the defense from "poor" to just "below average," or maybe "serviceable" depending on the opponent? I think Lamp or Njoku could strengthen the offense to the point it becomes elite. The current buzz term would be "doubling down" on a strength.

I like Barnett, Lamp, and Reddick.

I am shocked at saying this, but I wouldn't mind Lamp.

Our defense was shredded last year because we had no depth - not because our starters sucked. Adding Lamp = more time for RT to throw, to score, to dominate. We still DO NOT SCORE ENOUGH POINTS.

As previously mentioned in multiple threads by others, in the playoff game, we had no Misi, no Jenkins, no Pouncey, no Jones, No IAQ, no Tannehill, no Xavien, and a hobbled Kiko. No way we win that game.

Pittsburgh does not beat us if they had similar 'outages'....take out Big Ben, their center, two LB's, both of their safeties, and one of their corners, and we mop the floor with them - just like they did us....

Yes we need LB's, badly....but we're a middle of the pack defense just by being healthy.

Barnett is a heck of a player and produces, but is he really a stud athlete? Is he really all that quick? Is he really all that fast? Good player, but personally I'd go with Lamp over Barnett- Lamp is a stud athlete, stud producer and he can probably start at any of the 5 positions on the OL. This is a deep DE/edge rusher draft, plenty of time to get one later in the draft, personally I'd draft Lamp over Barnett and consider it a pretty easy decision.

No way in hell Derek Barnet makes it to 22, unless there is a video of him beating a white girl, lol! In that case, I don't want him. Miami will be OK with Lamp, its not the worst case scenario.

After the Grier quote of not moving back to try to get your man, sound like they will reach a tiny bit to get Lamp even though we could get him with the 31st pick. That's a battle I hope Tbaum wins and we move back 3 to 7 spots if Lamp is our target. I think Willis will be available in the second round.

I cannot take another year of watching this defense. Pick better be for a starter on D.

This is hard for me to say, because it goes against what I've been preaching for so long, and it goes against my gut ... but I think we need to take a pass rusher at 22. Those guys are very difficult to find, and either Gase will be successful and we'll be unable to replace Wake (much less compliment him on the other side), or Gase will be unsuccessful and we'll be rebuilding in the wake of Wake's retirement, once again needing two pass rushers.

I _want_ to say take Forrest Lamp, and I will be ecstatic if we get him. But, this is a very rare draft, where we have depth at pass rusher, which never happens. We can actually get an elite pass rusher at 22, and there are probably a half dozen guys in that echelon and it is certain that at least one of them is available. We need to take one. Then, if another is available at 54 ... unlikely but possible ... then we should probably take him too, despite the screams from the fans.

Gase is the cornerstone of this franchise. I want him here for the long haul. That means taking the elusive pass rushers when they are available. We have the QB and LT. We have talented receivers. We have Xavien Howard at CB. Now we need a young edge rusher or two, and those are hard to find.

If we draft Lamp, he instantly plugs our biggest hole--guard. He solidifies the OL for 10 years and has the position flexibility to play all across the line, even LT in a pinch. He instantly becomes our best run blocking guard and a dominant piece in our run game for Ajayi and whomever we have after him. Lamp makes a ton of sense, and is exactly what I wanted when we missed out on Zack Martin. But, if we take Lamp, we aren't likely to get another shot at this quality of edge rusher again. The pass rusher we take at 22 is most likely a top 10 player in most other drafts, and unless we stumble mightily, Gase will not be drafting in the top 10. So, frustratingly, I think we should draft the best pass rusher available at 22.

I believe, that if you connect the dots with what Gase said about having a young offensive line that can grow together, Gase, himself being offensive minded and the recent success of both Dallas and Tennessee's young offensive lines, Forrest Lamp becomes very possible. I personally believe Lamp will be the pick, if he's available in round #1. Too many signs point to Lamp. He's exactly what the team needs to continue to move forward on offense. Like most Dolfan's I want to see a defensive player selected in round 1, but having that young studdly offensive line may prove too tempting to pass on?

Until we find pass rushers who can get in Brady's face over and over, we're never going to overtake the Patriots and win the AFC East.

If we find a stud guard or a stud DE, we'll be a better team regardless of which position. The key is hitting on the pick, not so much which position. Same could be said of CB, Safety, LB, etc. We just can't have another Jordan, Taylor, Thomas draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom