Armando: How The Tannehill Deal Happened | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: How The Tannehill Deal Happened

Sooo...

both sides wanted to get a deal done..

Made and offer, other side counter...some time passed, another offer was made and they came to an agreement...

Isn't this how most deals go down?

those last 4 years tell you miami doesnt view this kid as kaepernick or dalton or any of those other scrubs...

The money Dalton and Ryan got are very close to the same. And neither of them has the last 4 years guaranteed. I don't know how you see this contract as any different than Dalton's.
The only real difference is Dalton has escalators to make his more valuable if he improves.

Sooo...

both sides wanted to get a deal done..

Made and offer, other side counter...some time passed, another offer was made and they came to an agreement...

Isn't this how most deals go down?
It's getting old CT, it's almost like you're playing Devil's Advocate or capt killjoy for the very sake of it. There is nothing to poo poo about in this thread, it's interesting to some of us how the money was and is given to RT. It's interesting to me that Ross took the time out of his... well whatever he does to make and keep his billions... to meet briefly with RT and tell him the deal was going to get done, and then boom! they Close the deal. Don't you think free agents from the outside looking in see a team that commits to it's stars and keeps them? That's good PR. Good PR means that a great player with two choices is more likely to pick us than the other guys.

But go ahead do your thing.

The money Dalton and Ryan got are very close to the same. And neither of them has the last 4 years guaranteed. I don't know how you see this contract as any different than Dalton's.
The only real difference is Dalton has escalators to make his more valuable if he improves.

Pretty much . . . Dalton and Kaepernick both have "better deals" in place, but in the end, if they all crap out, teams can get out of the deals fairly easy.

It's not even 45 million guaranteed . . . it's 45 million guranteed for injury. The guaranteed money is 21.5 million . . . with roster guarantees of 3.5 million in 2016 and 14.5 million in 2017 if he's on the team the first league day of those years.

But I can see where Tannehill would take a more friendly deal. He's the face of South Florida sports right now (well him and Wade, but Wade will be out soon . . . and Giancarlo . . . well if the Marlins suck he'll never be THE FACE) . . . he will more than make his money and if he succeeds he can nab ANOTHER huge deal after getting his 19 million a season for his last 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom