Armando Mock | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Mock

I'd consider a trade down from #11 to #14 for a 2nd or possibly 3rd but not a 4th. That is not good value. In any case I'd rather pick Fitz.

Based on your username, you seem like someone who can be pretty objective about him.

I have a seething hatred for Alabama and would agree that Evans doesn't get nearly enough talk as a top LB in this draft.

With that being said, I'd draft him in the 20s, not the high teens.

If Miami only receives a 4th round pick, I'd vomit.

If Minkah is there I think he should be the pick. He'd give Miami a lot of defensive versatility. Even more than a 3-down LB, IMO. I've heard a lot about his competitive edge, as well. He was a very well-thought of in Bama's culture of winning and he played a big part in it.

Trading down to get a 4th is stupid stupid stupid in my book. You are giving up talent in order to draft one more "hope it works out" kind of guy. Even for a third it's hard to make a case for the logic. I'm only trading down if I can still get the guy I want or another 1st or 2nd.

Unless there is some information out there that is not public (Injury or character concern), I would rather have Leighton Vander Esch than Rashaan Evans. Bigger, faster, more fluid, more explosive and more productive.

Armando is pretty plugged in since Mike T. arrived, so this should probably be looked at as good information.

How often do Armando or Nomar Smelly get picks correct? Not very often.

I’ll be really peeved if we pass on one of the big four defensive players (excluding Chubb) to trade down for peanuts.

I'd consider a trade down from #11 to #14 for a 2nd or possibly 3rd but not a 4th. That is not good value. In any case I'd rather pick Fitz.

I realize everyone thinks we should get more, but didn't Miami only give up a 2nd to move from 12 to 3 when we drafted Dion Jordan? 11 to 14 is not a big move. The first pick on Saturday would probably get it done. Now let me say I don't agree with passing on the players there, but if we do this, don't expect a lot.

I realize everyone thinks we should get more, but didn't Miami only give up a 2nd to move from 12 to 3 when we drafted Dion Jordan? 11 to 14 is not a big move. The first pick on Saturday would probably get it done. Now let me say I don't agree with passing on the players there, but if we do this, don't expect a lot.
You never really know. I've seen teams give up an awful lot to move up a few spots, and then less compensation to move up more spots at a higher pick. I guess it depends on who's available in that particular draft.

Back
Top Bottom